Problem Server Crash Help Needed

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mrbobbyjoey123

Jul 29, 2019
I recently updated to 5.2 and now my server wont start im not sure if this would effect anything but i recently completely re-download windows on my computer its not the best computer in the world so i figure i would reset it eventually and i re-download FTB to get my server back up new version so i download the new server and now when i start it i get this

2013-03-14 13:52:01 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.4.7
2013-03-14 13:52:01 [WARNING] To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar"
2013-03-14 13:52:04 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception DuplicateModsFoundException
cpw.mods.fml.common.DuplicateModsFoundException
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyDuplicates(Loader.java:382)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:339)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:470)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:351)
at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:64)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
PLease help if you can thank you

ChewingGumm

Jul 29, 2019
How did you update the server?
It seems to me like you just copied newer versions of the mods into the old server folder and started it.
You have to download the new server pack, start it as it comes and then copy your necessary files over like the world and stuff... Thats at least how i do it without getting errors.
Please try that and tell me if it worked.

BTW: Dont forget to make a backup of your old files and dont just delete them ;)

Mrbobbyjoey123

Jul 29, 2019
haha Thanks i appreciate the help and if you or someone else wouldn't mind how do i start it with more ram cause its laggy and i don't use the computer for anything else

ChewingGumm

Jul 29, 2019
In the folder with the server files there should be a file called "ServerStart.bat" (In case you didnt activate the option to show the file types there is no .bat in the end)
Right-Click that file
Edit
Now there is a paramteter: "java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -jar ftbserver.jar" or something in those lines...
Now you can change the 512m to a 1048M / 1G for example and the 1G to 2048M / 2G or how much ram you think you need.
-> those numbers indicate how much ram is reserved at minimum for the server / how much it is allowed to use at maximum

Cheers

//EDIT: So you were able to remove the errors by updating the way i suggested?

Mrbobbyjoey123

Jul 29, 2019
yea it helped all fixed thanks i am still kind of new to servers and i have never really had any problems but i want to thank you for all your help