Problem Server Crash due to too many items.

Cleenex

Jul 29, 2019
Hello

I destroyed an upgraded barrel full with cobblestone nad the server crashed, im guessing it got picked up by the RP2 tubes or maybe the managers that were next to it.

The question is, can i save my world in any way and start the server up again?
Maybe delete a file or something?

Crash report is attached.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help.

-Cleenex

Attachments

• crash-2013-03-23_17.30.11-server.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 60

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Here are a couple ideas. First, make a backup of everything.

Second, you'll want to isolate the region file with the spill, so that you can move quicker.
  • Create new world and put region file into it. Start up and see what happens.
  • Create new world, install TickThreading, put region file in it. Start and see if it starts.
  • Use dev version of mcedit and remove block that is causing trouble.
  • Upload region file and let others take a look (make sure to include info about what mod pack/configs you are using).
  • Disable the type of block that is causing trouble and start the server (make sure to load as few chunks as possible, because those disabled block types will be removed).
  • Disabled whole mod that is causing trouble and do as above.
  • Delete region file (this is drastic and will regenerate 32x32 chunks)
Once you fixed the region file, you can move it back to the server.

Well, hope that helps. Say if you need more details on any of the points.

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
Same good suggestions but seem a bit extreme in some classes. I also don't recommend using MCEdit, every time I've used it it causes more problems than it solves.

I'd also bet its that manager, I've had uses with redpower managers and barrels in the past.

If you know the location of the item(within a few blocks), you can actually go into the region file and remove it manually using NBTExplorer. Alternatively you could just reset the one chunk in here rather than losing the over a thousand.