Server CPU for modded?

BeardlessBrady

Jul 29, 2019
Well I already ordered the CPU. So Ill test it when its here and if need be Ill look for an SSD aswell. thanks so much for the advice

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
That sounds like a plan. But I've found good SSDs that are around the $80 US for 128 GB. Which is more than enough to handle a FTB server running linux. The 1TB drive could still be used for scheduled backups. I know I use cron on my server to back it up every 6 hours.

BeardlessBrady

Jul 29, 2019
So turns out that mega CPU still causes lag when loading chunks as you said. So when looking for an SSD is there anything specific I should be looking for on it?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Go with a reliable one that gets a lot of good reviews. Personally I've used a lot of the Samsung Evo 850 SSD and never had any issues. But, I've also used Kingston and a few other as well.

If you want to go overboard get a RAID controller and go with multiple SSD in RAID 0.

phit

Jul 29, 2019
lag will never go away when generating chunks no matter how much single thread performance you throw at it, especially when using biomes o plenty or other mods that enhance world gen
thats why most server pregenerate their map