senior with vanilla minecraft, new to ftb, need noob help

G

Grossbouff

Hi there!

I searched everywhere, I can't see a thread to ask beginner questions, only technical questions.
I want to play ftb infinity skyblock and I wonder if there is a beginner guide somewehere?
Minecraft vanilla has no secrets for me and I started to read about tinkers and forestry and some others, it is overwhelming! I would need a soft (step by step) introduction to assimilate everything.
Among others i need to know:
- how to see the challenges? The command challenges does not work. How to progress?
- How to get sand? I have a flourishing oak plantation, cobblestone generator and some chicken.
- How to get seeds? I tried to sieve dust but I only get little stones
- How to get clay to make a smeltery
- How to get other animals than chicken?

Last edited:
G

Grossbouff

Thank you for your help, now I understand that I can break the cobblestone to gravel to sand to dust.
I thought there were challenges to learn step by step, I wanted to learn FTB infinity this way and then play on a single map.
The number of mods is so overwhelming, there should be a way to learn them slowly I think. There is an enormous potential and I am excited at the possibilities but at the same time it is too much to learn without plan.
Skymap without definite challenges does not motivate me, but thanks for the answers.

G

Grossbouff

I are really helpful thanks.
I am going to check these variants. I just need purposes, not a detailed description of how to reach the goals but just has some goals sets which motivates me to make some efforts to reach them.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I started out with modded minecraft by playing the first version Agrarian Skies pack mentioned by ICount - got me acquainted to a lot of new mods and mechanics.

Be careful with the passive animals and a very difficult nether compared to vanilla though ;)

G

Grossbouff

Hi! Just trying Agrarian skies 2, it's fantastic!! This is just what I was looking for: the goals are set to discover the mods very cleverly.
Just messed up with my mob farm, the mobs ended all over my place, I was dying all the time and endermen were stealing all my dirt! I almost abandonned but then I closed the construction and after some tuning it now works well. I love the machines parts, this is so inventive!
Just got my first few obsidian blocks, wish me luck in the nether ;-)
Thank you all for the kind help.

Reactions: ICountFrom0