Self Sufficient Bee Facility

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
I delved deep into the bee breeding and I was wondering if there is any way to get ordinary wood logs as the end result of Bee breeding to make the system truly self-contained.

I'm using the Ultimate 1.1.2 pack, and I am kinda considering moving the system to a void age, and then truly claim that *nothing* there, could not be made there, so pretty much, time being the only real resource (I think)

But so far, I come across a hitch with the most basic of things, making the Impregnated Casings.

And I wonder what other hitches there are to this project ?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I delved deep into the bee breeding and I was wondering if there is any way to get ordinary wood logs as the end result of Bee breeding to make the system truly self-contained.

I'm using the Ultimate 1.1.2 pack, and I am kinda considering moving the system to a void age, and then truly claim that *nothing* there, could not be made there, so pretty much, time being the only real resource (I think)

But so far, I come across a hitch with the most basic of things, making the Impregnated Casings.

And I wonder what other hitches there are to this project ?

I've never done bees myself, but I know that you could probably work yourself up to an oily bee or better and power your stuff off of fuel in combustion engines or something.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Seed Oil is easily obtainable.
Of course, there are bees that make seeds, in the Agricultural Branch.
There are also bees that make wood.

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
So far, the only true difficulty I see is how to get ordinary logs of wood. (Without letting monsters spawn and getting a minium stone). As for power. My current base already runs on Bee Power.

And sure, I could probably use UU matter to make the logs.

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
So far, the only true difficulty I see is how to get ordinary logs of wood. (Without letting monsters spawn and getting a minium stone). As for power. My current base already runs on Bee Power.

And sure, I could probably use UU matter to make the logs.
Yeah.
Technically, it's still self sustaining, as long as you power the Mass Fab with only Bee Power.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.
You want to make a system using nothing except bees and processing to make a facility to make more apiarys?

Well, as you know, these require an impregnated casing and 5planks, and 3 plank slabs.
The impregnated casing needs 8 logs of any kind and a bunch if seed oil.

Now, there is a bee that makes seed oil - seedy bee or something.
So the wood becomes the problem.

I may be wrong, but I believe GT allows you to compress sawdust into a "wood plate" which is ore-dictionaried as a plank.
Use a dusty bee (I think that's the name...) to make sawdust, compress to wood plates and use the MFR unifier to convert to oak planks.
Then, use a minium stone to convert 4 planks, and a minium bee to produce shards for this. The logs are the. Used.

Alternately, and most likely more reliably, one could abuse the sawmill, and have a sawmill process a plank for 6 planks, and send 4 of these to a autocrafter to use a minium stone to make back into a log.
Use minium bees to produce minium shards, rusty bees to produce iron and glittering bees to produce the gold for the minium stone. For smooth stone, a simple igneous extruder/aqa accumulator combo to make smooth stone.

Simply route these planks as needed, 4x8 per casing, (again via minium) so 32 planks for that, and then 5, and 3 for slabs. The slabs provide extra, so an exact system would need to provide these in pairs. I doubt the minor overflow will matter.

To power it have a distilled/refined bee, with the oil going to a refinery, going into some combustion engines.
An aqa accumulator would be easiest here, but if you want to go on full bee, use a (wintry EoL bee) to produce crushed ice, for extreme cooling.

Any other issues?
What's best about this build is that it will be entirely self-contained, and need no external input, as well
As being pretty compact.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
He doesn't want mobs spawning.
But...
There is a Minium Bee.
You should go to FTB 1.5.2.
Use Velo's config to port it.
Then your factory can be more self-sustaining.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Use minium bees to produce minium shards, rusty bees to produce iron and glittering bees to produce the gold for the minium stone. For smooth stone, a simple igneous extruder/aqa accumulator combo to make smooth stone.

I had already accounted for minium shards.
I specifically mentioned it.
Is it only 1.5+?
Though it was in latest ultimate...

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I had already accounted for minium shards.
I specifically mentioned it.
Is it only 1.5+?
Though it was in latest ultimate...
Ah, didn't see that.
Why are there no bees that produce cobblestone?
It's absurd.
Come on, look at all those Barren Bees that have no use, and they don't even give freaking cobblestone?!

Reactions: Anubis

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the exact challenge, that I set myself (and am working on to make real too) is to have this complete working base in that void age, and the only thing I bring are the bees, the bee machines, and the comb processing things. At least, that is the 'on paper' situation. And this will require seeding of a lot of things. Which is alright. If I can however say how it comes down to the things I brought.

So a treefarm is out. I did not bring any sapplings. Pretty it boils down to this. The only raw materials to build whatever, are those that come from Bees. And just as a tiny nitpick, that means that the step from Bee to material should also be as short as possible (but that's just nitpicking).

As for cobblestone. With one step removed from the Bee Products, I can see a Igneous Extruder working on Water / Lava from Bees

Also, I didn't know about the Minium Bee (Is that one in the 1.1.2 Ultimate Pack ?)

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the exact challenge, that I set myself (and am working on to make real too) is to have this complete working base in that void age, and the only thing I bring are the bees, the bee machines, and the comb processing things. At least, that is the 'on paper' situation. And this will require seeding of a lot of things. Which is alright. If I can however say how it comes down to the things I brought.

So a treefarm is out. I did not bring any sapplings. Pretty it boils down to this. The only raw materials to build whatever, are those that come from Bees. And just as a tiny nitpick, that means that the step from Bee to material should also be as short as possible (but that's just nitpicking).

As for cobblestone. With one step removed from the Bee Products, I can see a Igneous Extruder working on Water / Lava from Bees

Also, I didn't know about the Minium Bee (Is that one in the 1.1.2 Ultimate Pack ?)
Yes, the Minium bee is in there.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, for making smooth stone the extruder no-longer consumes a tiny bit of lava, so only water production would be needed.
An accumulator would be a lot more compact than a dedicated centrifuge+squeezers line JUST for water, however.

But I guess, one only needs 4 buckets very what - 200 apiarys? A single e water bee will easily be fast enough.
Also, put the "explorer" effect on all the bees.
This instantly turns it into an XP farm as well as an apiary production facility.
And wouldn't automated alveary production be more useful?
More complex, true, but ultimately MUCH more rewarding.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Also, put the "explorer" effect on all the bees.
This instantly turns it into an XP farm as well as an apiary production facility.

Heroic can also be a useful effect for dealing with potential mob spawns or one of the more violent effects to deter players without full apiarist suits.

TrevCraftYT

Jul 29, 2019
A really OP way to get tons of wood is make a witch farm and a tomb of alkahest. 1 redstone = 3 wood

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion, your best bet is to use a tree farm for wood, powered by oily bees or however you want. The only other problem I see that hasn't been covered is mutation. If you plan to have the bee facility automatically mutate bees to create new species, I recommend using turtles. It will still require you to tell the turtle what to do when it finishes its task, but it makes it way more afk/chunk loader friendly, as you only need to tell the turtle the mutation you want to get to, and it does everything else on its own. (Almost) Direwolf20 has a good tutorial on this system in one of his season 5 single player LP's.