Problem Self-Hosted Server; can no longer be externally reached

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hansd22

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Direwolf20 1.7 v1.0.3 server hosted on this computer. On the first day I started it up, the friend I was playing with could join just fine, and we played until we needed to sleep (classic Minecraft, One More Block...). Since then, the friend has not been able to connect even once, and it's as if the server is not even up to the friend's viewpoint.

I created an Evolve group and a Hamachi network, but both sets of IPs return no response from the friend's side. Both work from my end, however, just like they always have for self-hosted servers.

Also worth noting: the Hamachi tunnel shows a green unhindered signal between us and we can message using it just fine, as well as having no noticeable latency using voice chats.

Initial troubleshooting:
-Both of us toggled power on our comps
-Both of us have restarted both Evolve and Hamachi
-He created an alternative Evolve group with it's own pair of IPs
-We both made sure Hamachi and Evolve have access through our respective firewalls
-I tried changing the Server Port to 25564; still worked for me

None of those things made any difference on the friend's end.

---things tested from below:
1) using evolve, unblocked Minecraft from my firewall (it was not listed in the microsoft firewall when I checked last, but evolve assures me it is no longer blocked)

Last edited:

Hansd22

Jul 29, 2019
Simple fix, simple solution, hard to actually do. Minecraft wasn't in the Firewall List of things that can be unblocked, but Evolve showed a new message out of the blue saying that Minecraft was blocked by my firewall.

not sure why this was a problem, considering I've been hosting a server from this particular computer since early 2014, but apparently Windows just does that.

TL;DR, Windows was blocking it, and Evolve allowed me to fix it once it noticed the firewall block. Thanks, tindin

Hansd22

Jul 29, 2019
SADLY, this did not fix it. I might have known sooner if the friend could test it when I am normally on, but our schedules don't line up well.

-edited OP to show that change

Any other ideas? Is there another thing that might be blocked?