Seeking: Getting Started Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
So as FTB is asking for wiki help, they sure make it difficult to participate. I'm sure it is about removing trolling or misinformation, but the official wiki has very little information and FTB is not asking for any info from its base or atleast hasn't in a very very long time. So for fear of detracting from the subject of this thread, as its my only way to inject my time and interest in properly helping the challenge at hand, I would like to help. I do tutorials and provide tech support irl, but I'm a dummy at wiki and never seen the adding side of it before.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
So as FTB is asking for wiki help, they sure make it difficult to participate. I'm sure it is about removing trolling or misinformation, but the official wiki has very little information and FTB is not asking for any info from its base or atleast hasn't in a very very long time. So for fear of detracting from the subject of this thread, as its my only way to inject my time and interest in properly helping the challenge at hand, I would like to help. I do tutorials and provide tech support irl, but I'm a dummy at wiki and never seen the adding side of it before.

Getting on the team is hard, participating is not. To help out, you just need an account on the wiki and start editing.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a dummy at wiki and never seen the adding side of it before.

In case you do decide to join the wiki, don't worry TOO much about formatting on your first wiki post. It's nice, but not 100% necessary. Just get the bulk of the information you want to get out in a logical manner, and the magic of the Wiki's group editing should do the rest.

If you want to test out edits without changing the wiki, there's a "sandbox" for that- a dummy page for random edits by anyone, to hone their wiki skills, or write drafts before posting in public.

In time, you'll get the hang of formatting posts correctly, saving other wiki editors some work. However, I'm of the opinion that content is key.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
working on Applied Energetics
AE needs to have a ME Condenser page added. Don't know how to do that. I would put it under the Crafting subcategory.

Status
Not open for further replies.