Searching for "Vanilla Modpack" with a lot of building options

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OoDex

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there,

I am searching for a modpack that keeps the playstyle of vanilla Minecraft, but adds a huge amount of new items that I can use for buildings - like blocks, decoration (chair, table, candles w/e).
I know Bibliocraft is a really good mod, but maybe some of you heard of a modpack that is close to what I am searching for.
It's ok if it is not complete vanilla, like if it adds some machines that are NEEDED for the mod, but I would not be OK with it if I could for example craft diamonds by pressuring coal or whatsoever, I just want to have "more", not something different :)

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
I think bacons is More Focused on creative But vannila plus Makes Your life in survival much easier in some point Id Recommened vannila for survival

If you like Spice of life with pams :D

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Vanilla+ seems like a decent base for a "vanilla builders dream" pack. If I were in the market for such a pack, I think I would take that as a basis and then add more mods.

Remember that many Tech mods actually contain cosmetic modules that can be configured to work on their own. For example Railcraft, Mariculture etc.
I would probably for certain add something like ATG and Mariculture(with all the tech parts disabled) to give the proper settings to build in.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
If you want more building blocks, go chisel all the way. Chisel mod adds over a hundred new decorative blocks, and the best part is: they are all variants crafted by regular vanilla blocks. So basically, you can make a beautiful home with nothing but re-textured cobblestone

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Bibliocraft
Carpenters Blocks
Mr Crayfish's Furntiture Mod
Decocraft
Forge Microblocks
Chisel

No machines in any of those and will give you lots to build with

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis has a "Macroblocks" mod that is very very vanilla and adds a lot of options.

Chisel2 is a good option overall. Tonnes of variety even has some mod interactivity.

Carpenter's Blocks might be a good addition but it depends on how vanilla you consider slopes to be.

Ztones adds a lot of funky sci fi style blocks. If you opt for Chisel 2 add the Ztones chisel compat mod too.

Artifice MIGHT be handy but adds a lot of world gen guff. But in a world without flight you will find the scaffolds beyond useful. Also adds a lot of blast proof building blocks.

Theres also Charlottes Utilities you might want to investigate. Adds a few kinds of builder guideline blocks and colorful lights. But I haven't investigated the mod in a while. May not be maintained or even have the same functions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Add to that list Fairy Lights and Underground Biomes/GeoStrata. One has interesting lighting options, the other adds more stone options. (Best to tweak UGB to get regular stone more often, or add a MineTweaker script to oreDict any four stone in a 2x2 pattern into four regular grey stone.)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
You guys forgot one mod which is Not only Focused around magic But also around Blocks from newer versions and a crap Ton of beautiful baubles
BOTANIA vazikii FTW

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Decocraft, chisel, carpenters blocks, bibliocraft.

Oh and all of Reika's mods because they arent very focused on technical things at all.