Sand Factory

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hmmurdock

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I am using the Beta Pack at the moment, and been building a base in the wasteland. This is due to a good bit of oil and lava near by. I would like to take mined cracked sand and turn it into sand. I know that I need to pump water and need an automatic crafting table most likely, but water can not be pumped directly into to this. So was wondering what it is I should do? Any helps is appreciated.

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
Well, since cracked sand is limited, what you can do with normal sand is put 1 sand into a IC2 compressor, that makes 1 sandstone, then use a TE pulveriser, which gives you 2 sand for every sand stone, put that sand back into the compressor and boom. Infinite sand.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I made a quick machine since I'm bad at explaining
ZK17s.png

The filter pulls out empty buckets and puts them in the liquid transposer which gets water from the aqueous accumulator and dumps the filled bucket into the chest.

When I needed sand I used an igneous extruder to make cobble which it dumped into a pulverizer which only takes up 2 blocks without the power generation, but it requires more power than the above setup obviously :)

Reactions: Whinoa

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Or TE Igneous Extruder - cobblestone into TE pulverizer = infinite sand.

Cobble is free in the extruder and you can place them side by side and use TE's custom input/outputs so coblestone will auto feed into the pulverizer.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got the power to back it up you can also go Extruder -> Rotary Macerator. That's more effective if you want to produce sand from EU than an Extruder -> Pulverizer combo (assuming you would power that with Electric Engines).

If you got a good BC power source though (Forestry farms for example) the Extruder -> Pulverizer is the best option.

Finally you can also use a pair of Rockcrushers and have a very small chance at free Diamonds and Gold Nuggets. It costs a lot of power though, it isn't very fast, is very noisy, costly, etc. Basically you pay a big price for relatively small rewards (if you need Diamonds or Gold you're better off setting up an automated mining operation).

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Extruder -> pulveriser for sand + gravel is the easiest way.

But the cracked sand thing sounds more fun
-why use single magic "do everything" type blocks when you can build a mechanical monstrosity with pistons and redstone?

Piston sugar farm -> autocraft to plantball -> compress -> macerate (dirt) -> deployer places next to cracked sand. A piston pushes it along giving a row of 12 ending in a block breaker, then Sandwichmaker's mechanism for turning it into sand.​
-Dont suppose placing cracked sand underwater would revert it?

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
Well, couple of you guys are using redpower however the OP is on beta pack. One poster used a picture and you can do the same using logic pipes and a dash of creativity but I don't think it'll be as compact. Easiest solution is the TE setup using extruder + macerator.