Sacred rubber trees as base?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
The title was what I was thinking but if I needed more room is there any trees I can use as addon rooms that wouldn't look out of place?

E_DM_B

Jul 29, 2019
Sacred Rubber tree crashes my world in SP, and I'm on a professional gaming comp. Beware.
Really? I'm on a shitty macbook and it only lags for about a minute after it grows. Also, only use it as a house if you aren't using fancy graphics.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
A fully functional late-game base will already lag, and with all those leaves around, your computer will likely kill you in your sleep.

Mine literally weighs 180 pounds (The case is made out of a neutron star) I don't want to be smothered in my sleep :(

On topic anyways, It lags for about 30 seconds to a minute and after that my fps goes from like 800 down to like 20. The leaves for me is what kills my FPS, so if I ever want to build in a forest I clear out the immediate area or turn leaves to fast on optifine. I love sacred rubber saplings myself. I've made a base or two in them and it went alright for me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Mine literally weighs 180 pounds (The case is made out of a neutron star) I don't want to be smothered in my sleep :(

A computer case made out of neutron star material would weigh somewhat more than 180 pounds. Probably trillions of tonnes.

It wouldn't so much smother as juice you :p

JusticeOF666

Jul 29, 2019
The title was what I was thinking but if I needed more room is there any trees I can use as addon rooms that wouldn't look out of place?
I think it can be an awesome base if you re-texture the wood and leaves. Never do it on a server BTW, various reasons.
As mentioned , optifine is a great way to reduce the lag although I'm playing with SEUS ultimate shaders totally maxed out no problem. It all depends on your mods and PC.

Last edited:

null123

Mar 27, 2014
I say GO FOR IT!!! As long as your computer is decent, it shouldnt lag (too much). Saice already did this actually, and it looked awesome.