Solved "RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread."

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
R

RAZDx

Title "RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread."

Launcher Type MultiMC

Modpack FTB Beyond

Modpack version 1.11

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file https://pastebin.com/VjqHb3bW

Details of the issue I'm on Arch Linux 4.13 running the newest driver (nvidia-340xx) for my admittedly very old GeForce 9800GT, but I did play FTB modpacks with this setup already.

FTB Beyond crashes right after starting. Vanilla Minecraft itself runs perfectly fine.

While researching I found similar reports from years ago, yet they didn't help. I tried JRE7, JRE8 (openJRE and Oracle) and JRE9. JRE7 and JRE9 crash with version related issues, while openJRE8 and OracleJRE8 both report this "OpenGL context"-issue. I am receiving an identical error message with the legacy FTB-Launcher.

I would be very thankful, if someone was able to help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RAZDx

Okay, so my FTB Beyond instance now starts as it's supposed to be.

While I still don't know what caused the issue I had, here's what helped me:
I updated MultiMC through its development channel and reinstalled the modpack I downloaded from Curseforge with MultiMCs integrated downloader.
(Before I downloaded the modpack via the lagacy FTB-launcher and had MultiMC track my installed FTB instances.)

Basically I tried "turning it off and on again" and it worked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I hope this might help anyone running into a similar problem.