Request Running FTB in VR

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Miles O'Brien

Aug 5, 2020
Hi all. I want to preface this by saying that I know if I invested some time into digging around on the internet I would probably be able to answer my own question. But I've had a lot of s*** going on right now and I'm just mentally exhausted. I'm wondering how I can get Minecraft with FTB running to be played on an Oculus Rift S VR headset. I'm thinking Vivecraft is the way to go, do I need to download standalone files for an FTB modpack and point the Vivecraft installer to the directory? If someone could just take a minute to give me some tips it would be really appreciated. Sorry for being a lazy pleb.

TheCyberNerd

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to say, unless you plan on playing with mouse and keyboard, it's not really practical to play a full FTB pack in VR. It's not anything other then VR controllers don't have enough keybinds to fit all the different actions you need for a pack. Ex. You spend a hour getting resources and crafting a jetpack that now you can't even turn on

Miles O'Brien

Aug 5, 2020
You'd be surprised what you can squeeze out of the Oculus Rift controllers. Each controller has 5 programmable buttons that can further be expanded upon by modifying Steam VR keybinds, which allows for different actions based on touch, press, long press, double press etc.