Problem Run multiple SkyFactory3 instances

K

KiwihSushi

Hey guys,

I tried to run two instances of SkyFactory3 on my Linux-Server. The problem ist, as soon as I start the second one, the first one gets killed (They have different Ports in server.properties).
I already tried the following things:
  • reduce max-RAM in Settings
  • start without the ServerStart.sh
  • start with 2 different users
  • change the Ports
Here are my specs:
  • What OS are you running?
    • Ubuntu 14.04.5
  • Are you using minecraft hosting provider or a dedicated/local server not designed for minecraft?
    • I am using a vServer
  • What version of FTB are you using? (Dont just say latest tell us the version)
    • Version 3.0.13
  • Did you add any mods to the server pack?
    • I try to run SkyFactory3
  • What are your server specs?
    • 4 Cores @ 2,4 GHz
    • 4 GB RAM
    • 300 GB HDD
I hope you are able to help me =)

Chris

Last edited:
K

KiwihSushi

Thanks for your reply =)

At the moment I use screen, but i don't mind trying something else.
About the RAM: Shortly after my post here I sent an enquiry to the host of my server to upgrade from:
  • 4GB to 16GB
  • 4 cores to 6 cores
  • and from HDD to SSD
I'm still waiting for an answer, but the question is, if it is really only a matter of RAM or if I'm missing something else.

Have a nice day

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So I have a couple of questions about your setup. First are you using two completely different directory structures for the two instances? 2nd how are launching it? Do you use screen or some other application that keeps it running the background? I might be able to help. I use a linux server for my setup and run 3 different modded servers on the same hardware/os. All I do is change the port numbers for each.

K

KiwihSushi

Hey Henry,

There are two seperate directories for the two instances (skyfactory_1/skyfactory_2).
I'm launching them with: "screen -dmS skyfactory1 ./ServerStart.sh nogui" and "screen -dmS skyfactory2 ./ServerStart.sh nogui".
The ports of the two server.properties are different.

I already had 3 normal Minecraft servers up before on my server, without any problems (I only changed the ports for them).

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Cool... Sounds like you are good to go if you get some more server memory then. BTW: the extra cores really don't help much but might as well get them if they are included in the price of the upgrade. Main issue is the mem. My box is dedicated not a vSphere and it has 32GB so I haven't run into this issue you are facing.

Last edited:
K

KiwihSushi

Thank you very much guys. I will upgrade my server then =)