Rubber tree farm problem(MFR!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yourfanboy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a minefactory reloaded tree farm with rubber trees, it is harvesting the wood but it isn't collecting the raw rubber it seems or at least it isn't showing up in my AE system like the wood/excess sapplings are.

I'm not quite sure why it isn't harvesting the rubber, do i need another block for it to harvest the actual rubber?

I'm using transfernodes & pipes as my piping system, when i drop raw rubber into the transfer node, it does show up in my AE system so it doesn't appear to be that...

Anyone got any ideas why it isn't working as they are from the same mod so its rather odd if they weren't compatable?

Thanks in advance

Oh yes: I am playing on a multiplayer on unleashed and i do have item filters setup for all 3 of rubber, wood & sapplings. It worked properly with oak wood, apples & sapplings before!

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Put a chest next to the harvester, you'll probably see that it does harvest the rubber (does in my base and I'm on the same Unleashed version). So it's probably the 'transfernodes'. I have no idea what that is so I suggest using regular BC pipes and just dump the stuff in a ME interface connected to your AE system.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
My MFR rubber tree farm on the server I'm playing in now is also producing a lot of raw rubber for me. I'm just using a very simple BC pipes, TE tesseract and MFR DSU setup.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I'm using a minefactory reloaded tree farm with rubber trees, it is harvesting the wood but it isn't collecting the raw rubber it seems or at least it isn't showing up in my AE system like the wood/excess sapplings are.

Just to make sure, you are using MFR rubber trees right? Or are you getting sticky resin in your AE system instead? :)

Yourfanboy

Jul 29, 2019
It was the piping that was the issue, because 2 items at the same time where harvested, it wasn't working with transfer nodes

thanks guys

(Yes, i was using MFR rubber trees)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to stay with Extra Utilities, you could always stick a chest behind the harvester then attach the item transfer node on the chest.

Reactions: RedBoss

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I find connecting ME busses directly to MFR machines to be glitchy at best. I almost always make it go in to a chest if not to act like a buffer. I then attach the ME bus to the chest.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
If you want to stay with Extra Utilities, you could always stick a chest behind the harvester then attach the item transfer node on the chest.
This is your winning answer. The logs go into the buffer of the node and the rubber is likely being spit out. Plop a chest between the node and harvester and you should be golden.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I find connecting ME busses directly to MFR machines to be glitchy at best. I almost always make it go in to a chest if not to act like a buffer. I then attach the ME bus to the chest.

I have one precision import bus set to stack mode connected to an enderchest, sitting right next to my ME controller (anywhere is fine though). Then for any and all harvesters, grinders, quarry's, etc...I just put another enderchest on it and it all goes straight into the ME system...only have to worry about 1 import bus for pretty much every importable device (unless of course you want to process stuff before it gets into the network, then of course you'll need a different method for those things).

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Since MFR auto ejects, use an ME interface, rather than a bus. It'll be ejected to like an inventory and immediately swallow the items into the network. Same trick works with Thermal Expansion machines.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I have one precision import bus set to stack mode connected to an enderchest, sitting right next to my ME controller (anywhere is fine though). Then for any and all harvesters, grinders, quarry's, etc...I just put another enderchest on it and it all goes straight into the ME system...only have to worry about 1 import bus for pretty much every importable device (unless of course you want to process stuff before it gets into the network, then of course you'll need a different method for those things).

Clever...
Depending on what you value it might actually be cheaper that way. Quartz is a somewhat finite resource enderchests are made up from mostly renewable resource if not gated to mid game.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Clever...
Depending on what you value it might actually be cheaper that way. Quartz is a somewhat finite resource enderchests are made up from mostly renewable resource if not gated to mid game.

This is one main reason I do it, I'd much rather make enderchests than use all my quartz (which I need for more important things like more patterns for my MAC)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Clever...

This is one main reason I do it, I'd much rather make enderchests than use all my quartz (which I need for more important things like more patterns for my MAC)

You can pipe stuff into a tesseract and it will automatically output into an adjacent ME interface or a pipe network that eventually sinks into an interface. This is what I like to do. You will never run into the problem of the the import bus not being quick enough, and overflow is not a problem either.