Rubber Tree Farm in DW20 1.5.2 v2 (1.1.3)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I'm trying to do a rubber tree farm and have hit a snag, I've never really needed to do the farms since I've let bees do everything in my last world but I was trying to find a way to make a rubber tree farm with steve's carts, come to find out it didn't do anything for me since it only works with vanilla trees.

My only other options I think are other mods like the multifarm blocks but I've yet to really play around with those and have only seen them in streams/youtube. So my question is what would I need to make a rubber tree farm in the most latest version of dw20. I am using the most recent version and also using MFR rubber plants (I think? The ones that give raw rubber to make rubber bars) so if possible can anyone help me with this? I'd really appreciate it.

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
I've used two methods in the past for making rubber farms. I made them in Unleashed, but it looks like DW20 has the relevant mods too.

The simpler option is to set up an MFR planter/harvester setup, fill it with MFR trees (yes, they're the ones that make rubber bars), then send the rubber wood logs into an extractor. Despite using MFR trees the wood extracts into IC2 rubber, but in my experience the two are completely interchangeable (I don't see why this fact would be different from Unleashed to DW20, but I cannot say for sure).

The other method I've used is to build a forestry multifarm, then fill a golden circuit board with rubber electron tubes to turn the farm into a manual rubber plantation. You plant the trees, then sit back and watch the rubber roll in. If you need assistance with building the farm or changing it into a rubber plantation, check out http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=farms:multi and http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=farms:programming . As with all multifarms, a little fertilizer will be required, but one seam of apatite makes plenty.

I couldn't say which method is most efficient or 'best' - all I could say is that both methods make 'enough' rubber (for me) whilst using 'not too much' power (for me).

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I've got MFR sewage, can that make the required fertalizer? I need a composter but I kinda wanna do the Multifarm idea..

Can I do a fully automated rubber tree farm perhaps?

basically I'm just trying to get some automation going for these, I like how simple the Multifarm is as far as multiblock structures go

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the automation for a multifarm is straightforward enough - just connect your pipes of choice into the farm to extract the rubber and insert fertilizer. The only difficult part of automating multifarms is getting a renewable source of apatite. The only method I'm aware of is bees, but I'm happy enough with a system that only requires maintenance once in a blue moon. It's easy to keep stacks of fertilizer around with only a tiny amount of mining. Forestry fertilizer is needed for multifarms but MFR systems can use any kind of fertilizer.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
ugh... forestry seems to be the most restrictive in terms of what it accepts. Every other mod loves AE while you need to do a bit of work for forestry, same goes for everything else that interacts with it...

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
There are a couple of farming related threads on these forums with lots more info, but let me see if I can summarise it for you:

If you want easy mode farming, put up an MFR farm with a harvester and a planter and... you're done (of course you need power, automation, etc). Fertilizer isn't even really necessary, but it speeds things up. If you're busy doing other things you'll be up to your ears in rubber before you know it.

If you want to do Forestry trees, or fancy layouts or whatnot, or want to add some difficulty to your build, then go for Forestry multifarms. I can't speak from personal experience here, my one attempt with Forestry multifarms was several versions ago and I gave up on them pretty quickly (probably too quickly, but anyhoo...)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The thing about Forestry multi-farms is that you can cheat them a bit. Plant some IC2 trees, then use the gravity gun to pull out the blocks with tap spots. Plop them onto the multi-farm, and chop down the rest of the trees, then replant. Once you have two dozen or so, turn on the farm. It'll run with almost no fertilizer, and produce copious amounts of rubber. It doesn't even matter if they're visible, the multi-farm will get them.

Reactions: Museli

isnowcrash

Jul 29, 2019
You need to build the cart with the exotic tree addon for it to cut down non vanilla trees. It works with both mfr and ic2 rubber trees. It won't tree tap the ic2 trees but it will plant and cut them down. Make the cart modifier for the cart assembler and add the addon to the cart and you will be good.

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
MFR fertilizer can be crafted into forestry fertilizer thanks to Plugin for Forestry.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
lots of great help guys but pics can help tons. I'm just figuring out how to do the composter to see if that can do it.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I went the "isnowcrash" route and upgraded my steve's carts, thank god cause I love these farms... been watching one work for the past 2 hours..

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
keep in mind that if you want to upgrade/maintain a lower tier cart, you're going to need the crane addon for the cart manager, which can pick up/put carts back onto tracks.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I actually wasn't sure of how to modify them in the field, this shouldn't need any work since they are reinforced hulls and galgadorian cutters, or will they?

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
well I went for broke and did galgadorian, translocators are fun as hell and I've been using them everywhere, took me tons of coal to get it made but I didz it! heh, is there any other fuel that the cart assembler will accept? I noticed it didn't use coalcoke

isnowcrash

Jul 29, 2019
Upgrade:thermal engine to power it with lava. Upgrade:generic engine will allow it to use coal coke, sugar coke, blaze rods, logs, basically anything that can be put in a furnace. Both add a +5% increase in fuel but can be offset with other upgrades.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I was meaning the cart assembler, it requires a power source to run so I ran it off charcoal/coal to make it... took 7 hours... let it run while I took the gal out for dinner. So all in all didn't have to worry on the time.

isnowcrash

Jul 29, 2019
the upgrades i said was for the cart assembler. You make the upgrades then slap them on the side of the cart assembler.