Rubber tree, add/remove wood

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I have a small rubber tree farm (manual) and I want to know what will happen if I add rubber wood on top of the wood of a tree? Will rubber be able to spawn there? Also if I remove a block of wood from a tree, does it permanently break it and makes it stop producing? Can I simply place rubber wood on the ground and get rubber spawn?

Thanks.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure that the rubber taps are only added when the log is first grown, moving them with portal/gravity guns is how most people move them. The rubber wood doesn't actually grow taps. If you look closely at the logs you can see some have a circle where the resin grows but the rest don't. The ones that do not have the rubber tap mark on them never will.

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
The resin spot generation code only runs when the sapling grows into a tree. Harvesting the logs cause them to lose their data and get you a plain old rubber wood log that will never grow resin no matter where you put it so you can't add to existing trees. Only way to move the logs with the spots without losing the spots is with the gravity gun. Don't try it with trees you've recently harvested though, the resin spots despawn after about a minute once they have been harvested but will return in about a minecraft day or two with more resin.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Naturally grown rubber tree log that doesn't have a resin spot has metadata of 1 and player placed has 0. This would indicate that players can't place the wood back to generate resin spots. 2-5 is resin ready for harvest and 8-11 is resin spot empty and waiting to renew. The spots can disappear over time and it makes sense to take out the logs that do not have spots so it is easier to see when you can harvest resin. Haven't seen them grow on the metadata 1 logs, I have no idea why that datavalue exists.