RP2 Frame motor issue

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WeiseGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm making my first tunnel bore and have everything working except one part. On the left you can see the frame motor. When my timer ticks, its activating the motor and the animation runs meaning its working. On the right, I've added a frame under this motor to ensure the entire assembly moves. When I add this frame under the motor, the motor no longer shows an animation and just stops working. The side of the motor does not show the "red" tick from the timer either, so something weird is going on. It works 100% until I add this one frame in, any ideas?

http://i.imgur.com/ZPYbk.png

graydaze

Jul 29, 2019
Your frame machine is stuck, the cause can be anything really (missing covers, missing frames, ect.). You'll have to check that everything is connected to a frame properly and nothing is in the way.

WeiseGuy

Jul 29, 2019
What angles do you need, I can't tell anything in the way. Maybe a quick video, I can record one if you want.[DOUBLEPOST=1358139591][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm copying direwolf's build. If you start at around 12mins..thats the start. Its 100% the same (different type of colors but thats it)....the only difference is my frame that moves things forward stops as soon as theres a frame under it

graydaze

Jul 29, 2019
Sure if you like, the more you show us the machine the better we can help, even the smallest thing can get a frame machine stuck.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Bit Hard to say what angles are needed but make sure you have panels below things like the timer instead of covers because otherwise it will not pull that with it and may be the source of the blockage.

graydaze

Jul 29, 2019
you need panels below what? i thought covers would work fine? uploading video now...
Use covers on frames to prevent them from attempting to move blocks touching it. Use panels on frames to attach things on frames that normally cant be placed by itself like logic gates and wires.

WeiseGuy

Jul 29, 2019
hmmn, wish that was explained somewhere (any wiki post about that so I can read more for future builds?)

Maybe that is the issue, I'll work on that while video renders/uploads (about 20mins)

graydaze

Jul 29, 2019
Np :) I just finished watching your video and about that comment were you think you didnt need those extra frames for that jacketed wire. Yes you do need those frames to keep that jacketed wire attached to your machine, otherwise it would have left it behind.

WeiseGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, found that out quickly =D

Thing moves like a champ, holy crap cobble. Now I need to set up a recycler lol