Rotterycraft shaft core not charging

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

thijser

Jul 29, 2019
I have created the following setup:
not_working.jpg

This is a steam engine feeding into a 4:1 diamond gearbox into a magnetization unit which also receives a 1:1 repeater signal. The MU says it has a operation time of 12.95 seconds. Anybody know how to fix this?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Image is broken for me, sorry.

One thing i'd check though is that you have your gearbox in the right mode. Make sure it's in speed mode.

Even then you only *barely* make the speed and power requirement, I'd consider upping it to 8:1 and adding another engine to be on the safe side.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
My gears are turning so that suggest power is being transferred and minimal requirements are met right?

It indicates that your gearbox is correctly hooked up to the engine, nothing more. Normally you can tell if a machine is powered correctly because it has moving parts, but the mag unit doesn't iirc.

thijser

Jul 29, 2019
And the fact that the machine states that it has a operation time lower then it's normal time (12.95s vs 20s)? And a steam engine makes 512 rads and the MU needs 2048 right so it should work?

Never mind got it I should have shift clicked the gears to make them 1:4

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
And the fact that the machine states that it has a operation time lower then it's normal time (12.95s vs 20s)? And a steam engine makes 512 rads and the MU needs 2048 right so it should work?

OK, i've just tested a setup as you described in my world and it works fine with a single engine and 4:1 gearbox.

So, make sure you have your box set to speed mode and the only other thing I can think of is your redstone pulser setup is wrong.

I'm using a vanilla 2-clock made from two repeaters, but the bit that actually connects to the mag unit is just redstone dust. Could possibly be the machine being funny about accepting redstone signal direct from a repeater, I guess?

EDIT: ninja'd by SOLUTIONS! :D

thijser

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help anyway, by the way is the AC electric engine worthwhile? It seems to generate less energy then required to charge the core

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm not sure, i've never really used them. I tend to stick with steam engines until I have jet fuel production set up, then move on to gas turbines.

But i'm odd like that.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Thanks for the help anyway, by the way is the AC electric engine worthwhile? It seems to generate less energy then required to charge the core

Depends on what you want to use it for. I run an extractor off of one.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019

I think you might have looked at the DC electric engine. The AC easily runs 2 magnetizers, and the magnetizer charges about 5 times faster than the AC engine discharges. It's a little over 131,000 watts.

BTW: You definitely want to get an Angular Transducer. You can then click on any shaft, bevel, machine, engine, etc. and it will tell you all sorts of goodies about it. Especially the Torque, Rotation Speed and Power. This would allow you to easily solve a problem like this in the future. It's really simple: Machine requires say 512nm of torque, but it's getting 32nm. Woops, the 4:1 is in speed instead of torque. All better!