Rotarycraft Obsidann Factory, Full Chest <1min

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
I've been a fan of rotarycraft/reikas mods and I've been testing the obsideon factory and I thought it was was pretty nifty. This time I hooked one up in my Monster series and this is what happened. full chest in under a minute.

Looking for something that needs that much now.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
150px-Recycler_ig.png

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
can't make creeper proof machines, going to need to put torches inside the obsidian house.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
its the newer one, the gas-cooled pebble bed.

8 boilers, one CO2 exchanger, probably the core is to the left of the exchanger, where the concrete blocks are.
I just tested the pebble bed with one boiler and 5 turbines. Puts out around 8000 RF/t. And it's cheaper to fuel then a Big Reactor (since the pellet lasts a good amount of time). One pellet filled a bank of 20 Ultimate Energy cubes to around a tenth of their total capacity.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I just tested the pebble bed with one boiler and 5 turbines. Puts out around 8000 RF/t. And it's cheaper to fuel then a Big Reactor (since the pellet lasts a good amount of time). One pellet filled a bank of 20 Ultimate Energy cubes to around a tenth of their total capacity.
I guess the catch-22 is how much effort is needed to make a effective pebble bed reactor?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
There is no excuse for such a high poly model being used in a videogame.
Hey, uh, @ThatOneSlowking mind posting that picture of that Victorian era Selfie of that guy reading the newspaper with a confused look on his face? Y'know, the one you post when you have no idea what the hell is going on in someones mind?

...In all seriousness, though, epidemia78, did you mean in ANY videogame, or only ones written in java?(such as Minecraft) I'm fairly certain you mean the latter, but you sure as hell sound like you mean the former.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
That thing with the gears...whatever it is. Its too easy to make ridiculously detailed models, modeling programs do most of the work for you. What takes skill is making a model look good using as few polys as possible. Thats why fancy texture effects exist, to add layers of detail without having to model every curve and groove.[DOUBLEPOST=1396965494][/DOUBLEPOST]And yes, in any videogame. Unless it was the size of a football field, no developer would have something like that in their game, lagging everyone to death.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What sort of performance impact does it have on your world?

A 3x3 standard fission reactor can generation 160,000 RF/T but its annoying to convert (15 or so dynamos), annoying to store (toooons of enderIO capacitor banks), and way more power than I need. Plus between the mountain of capacitors and the general impact of a reactorCraft reactor, I get annoying memory leaks and whatnot.

So, tl;dr, I'm tempted to downgrade to a pebble bed.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
That thing with the gears...whatever it is. Its too easy to make ridiculously detailed models, modeling programs do most of the work for you. What takes skill is making a model look good using as few polys as possible. Thats why fancy texture effects exist, to add layers of detail without having to model every curve and groove.[DOUBLEPOST=1396965494][/DOUBLEPOST]And yes, in any videogame. Unless it was the size of a football field, no developer would have something like that in their game, lagging everyone to death.
Reika has said repeatedly the polygons do NOT affect performance.
What sort of performance impact does it have on your world?

A 3x3 standard fission reactor can generation 160,000 RF/T but its annoying to convert (15 or so dynamos), annoying to store (toooons of enderIO capacitor banks), and way more power than I need. Plus between the mountain of capacitors and the general impact of a reactorCraft reactor, I get annoying memory leaks and whatnot.

So, tl;dr, I'm tempted to downgrade to a pebble bed.
When I set it up on my private server(which isn't too powerful), there was no visible performance impact on the server as far as CPU and RAM usage. FPS was hurt a bit for me, but only when I was looking at the reactor. And my computer isn't exactly a monster.

Reactions: Pyure