Rotarycraft and Compact Machines

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rizzy

Jul 29, 2019
I've been experimenting with putting smaller Rotarycraft systems into Compact Machines, and run into a problem. The Compact Machines are all in the Sky biome, with the player at Y=42. In this Biome, at that Y level, the temperature of a machine starts out at -108C. This makes things like Steam Engines unusable, unless I'm missing something. With Lava they only heat up to 82C. Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to work around this, other than the heater? With the limited space and it's fossil fuel requirement it makes it more trouble than it's worth.

I'm mostly trying to work just within the Rotarycraft system, so I'd rather not resort to sending in power from another mod, which would work but defeat the purpose of the localized systems I'm trying to build.

Any ideas?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that the friction heater works on steam engines
Your best bet is probably to use some other engine, e.g. the gasoline engine. Maybe you can also run performance engines without needing to cool them.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that the friction heater works on steam engines
Your best bet is probably to use some other engine, e.g. the gasoline engine. Maybe you can also run performance engines without needing to cool them.
Performance engines need ethanol, water, and lube.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Performance engines also require, if memory serves, gunpowder, blaze powder, and/or a third "additive" to get them to their full output. If you've got DC engines, you can automate the creation of ethanol, so running gasoline engines wouldn't be totally out of the question. AC electric engines may also be another answer, depending on if you can get a sufficiently magnetized shaft core with DC engines and a little technical wizardry.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Performance Engines do not need lubricant. They require ethanol and water, optionally you can add additives - redstone, gunpowder, or blaze powder.

You are right it's water, just remember fighting to fit in a Fluid Export bus into my setup... Seems I was fuzzy to what it was exporting