Rotary Macerator is an advanced machine..?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
So, I thought that an advanced machine could at least handle medium voltage. Induction Furnace can do that. With this thought I plopped my Rotary Macerator next to the MFE and boom. I have traded Rotary Macerator and MFE for an Advanced Machine Block. What the hell. I know it doesn't need medium voltage but neither does Induction Furnace yet it can handle medium voltage if necessary.

So, anyone else done same or similar mistake? I am kind of annoyed by this, there is no way to tell in game what kind of voltage the machines can handle. Advanced machines should handle medium voltage, it's the next tier of power.

PieExplosion

Jul 29, 2019
I've made the same mistake, but it only cost me energy. A while back, there was a bug that made them not explode, but constantly suck as much energy as they could get.

They're made that way because those machines from that Advanced Machines mod have upgrade slots like their previous tier.

Z

ZekwaldIX

So, anyone else done same or similar mistake? I am kind of annoyed by this, there is no way to tell in game what kind of voltage the machines can handle. Advanced machines should handle medium voltage, it's the next tier of power.

Nope, I didn't do that mistake since I allmost allways downstep my voltage to 32 EU/t before hooking up any machines to it.
The reason it blew up is that the FTB crew chose the, in my opinion, bad version of advanced machines done by Atomic Stryker on the IC forums instead of the one by Snyke.
Snyke's version of Advanced machines accepts 128 EU/t and don't have any issues with hoppers and doesn't have the annoying upgrade slots, the Induction Furnace doesn't have them so why should any of the other advanced machines have them?

Darlock Ahe

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced machines in FTB also accept upgrades, such as overclockers and transformers, so you can easily make them accept medium voltage.

timewarp

Jul 29, 2019
So, I thought that an advanced machine could at least handle medium voltage. Induction Furnace can do that. With this thought I plopped my Rotary Macerator next to the MFE and boom. I have traded Rotary Macerator and MFE for an Advanced Machine Block. What the hell. I know it doesn't need medium voltage but neither does Induction Furnace yet it can handle medium voltage if necessary.

I connected my industrial centrifuge to my MFSU. I didn't know anything about the machine and for some reason I thought it was an end-tier device like the mass fabricator, and could accpet HV. I lost 33 levels, my quantum boots, quantum leggings, quantum helm, and the corner of my house. Lesson learned.

On a somewhat related note, has anyone else noticed that the machines from the advanced machine addon don't work correctly with BC gates?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced machines in FTB also accept upgrades, such as overclockers and transformers, so you can easily make them accept medium voltage.
That's not the point, induction furnace accepts medium voltage without any upgrades. If you have them all on the same low voltage cable connected to a BatBox they can't get enough power because it is limited to 32EU/t and they require more when in use.

I connected my industrial centrifuge to my MFSU. I didn't know anything about the machine and for some reason I thought it was an end-tier device like the mass fabricator, and could accpet HV. I lost 33 levels, my quantum boots, quantum leggings, quantum helm, and the corner of my house. Lesson learned.

On a somewhat related note, has anyone else noticed that the machines from the advanced machine addon don't work correctly with BC gates?
Yeah I think that would have been another mistake if I didn't make this one and learn to check first.

How do you mean not correct? Inventory empty/full? Haven't tested but upgrades can potentially count as inventory space even though they can't interact with pipes.

timewarp

Jul 29, 2019
That's not the point, induction furnace accepts medium voltage without any upgrades. If you have them all on the same low voltage cable connected to a BatBox they can't get enough power because it is limited to 32EU/t and they require more when in use.

Yeah I think that would have been another mistake if I didn't make this one and learn to check first.

How do you mean not correct? Inventory empty/full? Haven't tested but upgrades can potentially count as inventory space even though they can't interact with pipes.
That would explain it, then, I've got transformer upgrades in those machines so I don't have to run two different power lines to my machine area. I tried to set up some gates to activate magmatic engines to pump items out of the machines, and the gate only detects items correctly on the induction furnace.

Phoenix591

Jul 29, 2019
Try just hooking your mfe to a lv transformer, mv level power for the induction furnace in the form of multiple packets, and lv level power for everything else.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
After blowing up a couple machines myself I just built a bat box for each machine and the line feeding the batboxes on a transformer from my MFE. All my machines get what they need and an interruption in power won't stop them for a little while.

Batboxes are pretty cheap.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
After blowing up a couple machines myself I just built a bat box for each machine and the line feeding the batboxes on a transformer from my MFE. All my machines get what they need and an interruption in power won't stop them for a little while.

Batboxes are pretty cheap.
Hmm, might do that. You can even get a nice clean wall of machines for the workshop without wasting power or causing needless intersections if you paint the wires, too. It's just that you can't really start to do that right away with your first machines so it doesn't help these mishaps.

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, I exploded my MFE and Rotary Macerator today too! I'm so sure the rotary macerator used to handle MV in 1.2.5 though.

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
It did handle it in 1.2.5, but it was buggy. From what I understand the author intended it to only handle LV, but implemented the restriction incorrectly. When you would put MV to the machine, it would take it, but would also accept all the EU it could rather than limiting itself to what it needed. Incorrectly wiring to MV wouldn't explode, but would drain your power unnecessarily.

Z

ZekwaldIX

I know there's a long standing argument between the two versions, but the inability to take medium and the higher workability with hoppers is making me like the Snyke version better and better.

Is there any way we can influence the process and get it replaced?

Best bet is to post in here asking nicely to replace A with B for reasons A, B, and C
Thread link here