Rolling Machine Problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Remikzfully

Jul 29, 2019
So, I wanna make advanced alloy, I put the recipe in there, I have full MJ's.
But it doesn't make the advanced alloy.
Why?
The recipe shows and dissapears as well.
Here's a screenshot as well.
2012-12-07_14.58.16.png

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
It won't automatically craft something unless you have enough ingredients on the grid for multiple, otherwise you need to click on the result to get it to craft.

Though if you're playing on a server, then perhaps the server's configs are set to turn off the GregTech requirement that you use a Rolling Machine. Try crafting it on a normal crafting table?

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019
It won't automatically craft something unless you have enough ingredients on the grid for multiple, otherwise you need to click on the result to get it to craft.
Though if you're playing on a server, then perhaps the server's configs are set to turn off the GregTech requirement that you use a Rolling Machine. Try crafting it on a normal crafting table?
What he said ^_^
So first try in a normal crafting table and try to pull out the alloy. If that doesn't work, make the receipe in the rolling machine, click the output slot and see if it starts processing. Both should be done even if the alloy doesn't appear in the output slot.

Remikzfully

Jul 29, 2019
Tried both, didn't work. And everything is enabled on the server.[DOUBLEPOST=1354886141][/DOUBLEPOST]Nvm, managed to fix it after I force updated FTB, thanks anyway.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
There are several valid recipes for mixed metal ingots.
The basic one has refined iron in the top row, bronze in the middle row and tin in the bottom one.
It looks like on your screenshot that you might have put normal iron instead of refined iron.

I see that force updating fixed it. so my eyeballing of your screenie was mistaken. Never trust a MK1 eyeball

Valid mats for the top slot is either 3 refined, 3 steel or 3 titanium
valid mats for the middle row is bronze. either of the 3 varieties of it. (they can even be mixed within the row. 100% equivalency)
in the bottom slot it has to be either type of tin, or all aluminium.

The amount of mixed metal ingots you get is dependent on witch variant of the recipe you use.
the most expensive variant with the titanium in place of the refined iron, and aluminium in place of the tin gives 6 mixed metal ingots instead of the usual 2.