Robocraft

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So, it's been described as World of Tanks meets Minecraft, and I really must agree.
The idea is, you build your tank, cruiser, hover, plane, rocket, walker, whatever floats your boat, and then pit it alongside a team of other vehicles against the enemy team in a big online multiplayer showdown, and see whichever team can either capture your base, or kill all of the other team.

I myself am currently in T4, making moolah for a T5 bot. I'm using a tank with three treads, and four T5 plasma cannons.

Any other players out there?

Reactions: Qazplm601

Corddon

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately no. It's just a basic shielded hovercraft with everything but the guns pretty much hidden behind the shields. I can run either nanos or smgs on it. Actually looks a bit like a puddle jumper from SG-Atlantis crossed with a DS9 Runabout.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Not gonna lie, got really bored of the game, left at T5. I consider plasma launcher vehicles nooby as they don't really require you to aim very well. I use railguns

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Not gonna lie, got really bored of the game, left at T5. I consider plasma launcher vehicles nooby as they don't really require you to aim very well. I use railguns
Well, thanks for calling a good chunk of players nooby :p

Anyway, you do have to aim, definitely. They, unlike all other weapons, have arcs in their shots, so are the hardest to aim. They dominate short-distance, yeah, but that's the idea. SMGs are for mud range, and rails for long. Plus, plasmas are the worst against flyers.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Forgecrafters play it.

I saw Soaryn in an smg walker a while ago, and Damien with a copter. The last one just happened.

Ciaran Moore

Jul 29, 2019
Played this earlier in the year, did the update change the game enough for you to recommend me giving it another go ?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Played this earlier in the year, did the update change the game enough for you to recommend me giving it another go ?
I haven't played it for a while, really. it feels too much like the developers aren't listening to the community, and just going either with random ideas, or the vocal minority. Not to mention that I can't run the game at home due to shit internet, so I have to do it at school.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I haven't played it for a while, really. it feels too much like the developers aren't listening to the community, and just going either with random ideas, or the vocal minority. Not to mention that I can't run the game at home due to shit internet, so I have to do it at school.
My friend tells me they made robocraft way better. I try it. Ooooh fancy voice acting and force field. This is cool. Wait, why has everyone frozen?

Seemingly, the update decreased internet quality.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
My friend tells me they made robocraft way better. I try it. Ooooh fancy voice acting and force field. This is cool. Wait, why has everyone frozen?

Seemingly, the update decreased internet quality.
Well, the servers are absolutely horrendous, I waited 40 minutes for a match that lagged like crazy once.