RFTools Builder Chunks / Mod Updating in Packs

M

Myrdamo

I'm currently playing FTB Beyond and was using SF3 before that. I ran into some issues on SF3 with certain individual mods when I manually updated them to their latest versions, but others seemed to work. So this is mostly a general question, but is there any way to tell which mods will be safe to update? Is it best to try it and see what happens, or is even that dangerous? Should I just not worry about updating mods?

For the most part I don't have a great need to update individual mods, but I was thinking about trying a newer version of RFTools (currently using pack default of 6.01) to see if that fixed a weird bug I've been seeing before I report it. When I try to carefully set a Builder's range to exactly cover some chunks (4x4 chunks and 64x64 blocks), it shows that it's going to scan 25 chunks instead of 16. If I reduce the size to 62x62 it correctly shows 16.

Thanks!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Nothing wrong with updating individual mods. Just make sure (and I can't stress this enough) make a backup prior to doing the update. That way you have a known good restore point for your game save.