Rf tools world dimension discussion.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
So guys I been sorta looking around for a step by step way to place dimlets and make worlds.
So I pretty much need to know the proper order in which way to place the dimlets to make worlds the proper way.
Also how do I get rid of a dimensionin the dialer? I can not delete it at all, and the realized dimlet if I extract it and make a new random one its still the exact same dimension grrr
So can someone give me some insight on this? Maybe just like what tier of dimlets I need and what order they go in that would be very amazing! I will figure out the rest like what biome I wanna add or lakes of enderium things like that.
Also please explain how to delete stupid IDs from the dialer
Thanks guys!!!

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So guys I been sorta looking around for a step by step way to place dimlets and make worlds.
So I pretty much need to know the proper order in which way to place the dimlets to make worlds the proper way.
Also how do I get rid of a dimensionin the dialer? I can not delete it at all, and the realized dimlet if I extract it and make a new random one its still the exact same dimension grrr
So can someone give me some insight on this? Maybe just like what tier of dimlets I need and what order they go in that would be very amazing! I will figure out the rest like what biome I wanna add or lakes of enderium things like that.
Also please explain how to delete stupid IDs from the dialer
Thanks guys!!!
Read through the in-game dimension manual.
'Nuff said. :p

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
IIRC you just toss a digit dimlet in when making a random world to get a different one. Any number will do, but remember to change the number when making another dimension.

As for the rest of it I would recommend the manual. It knows more than I do.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
So I just gazed through the book
IIRC you just toss a digit dimlet in when making a random world to get a different one. Any number will do, but remember to change the number when making another dimension.

As for the rest of it I would recommend the manual. It knows more than I do.
Bare with me but the closest things I found on constructing a world are these two things.
smunn9.png
2w68f2h.png
But from what I have there is nothing telling you the proper sequence on placing the dimilets to make like a enderium ocean or a nether quartz world. I am probably just derping super hard though lol
So sorry if I am just not understanding it properly. I have 100's of researched dimlets so I wanna put them to good use so I can have very specific worlds.
I really want a all blocks of quarts and nether quartz world they do not have to be in the same place but it would be nice.
Then if explained how to make certain ocean dimension I will be able to place the the random ones I need if I know the pattern on how to do this.
So ya I am probably just misunderstanding some stuff :(
Also how do I delete IDs from the dialer so they are not there anymore?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So I just gazed through the book

Bare with me but the closest things I found on constructing a world are these two things.
smunn9.png
2w68f2h.png
But from what I have there is nothing telling you the proper sequence on placing the dimilets to make like a enderium ocean or a nether quartz world. I am probably just derping super hard though lol
So sorry if I am just not understanding it properly. I have 100's of researched dimlets so I wanna put them to good use so I can have very specific worlds.
I really want a all blocks of quarts and nether quartz world they do not have to be in the same place but it would be nice.
Then if explained how to make certain ocean dimension I will be able to place the the random ones I need if I know the pattern on how to do this.
So ya I am probably just misunderstanding some stuff :(
Also how do I delete IDs from the dialer so they are not there anymore?

Keep in mind I haven't made dimensions with RFTools yet, but I believe there is an error system built into the creation that will tell you if things are incorrect. Worst case scenario, dire did a spotlight not too long ago that covers quite a bit on dimensions. Not how to write them, but everything else.

I'm also not understanding your issue with the dialer. What exactly are you trying to do that isn't working?

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind I haven't made dimensions with RFTools yet, but I believe there is an error system built into the creation that will tell you if things are incorrect. Worst case scenario, dire did a spotlight not too long ago that covers quite a bit on dimensions. Not how to write them, but everything else.

I'm also not understanding your issue with the dialer. What exactly are you trying to do that isn't working?
Ya I am kinda watching some stuff on direwolf as we speak :)
Also here is the issue
1z723rd.png
See Id 2 ? I can not get this out of here at all. Like I want it deleted and everything blah lol

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if there's an in gamr way of deleting a dimension. Much like Mystcraft you may have to go in to the save folder and manually delete it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if there's an in gamr way of deleting a dimension. Much like Mystcraft you may have to go in to the save folder and manually delete it.

I think you might be able to manually remove the receiver from the dimension itself. You won't be able to get back, then, but...

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The dimension might still be there though, the dialer might not list it though. There's also the potential for the outgoing porter to be regenerated.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
The dimension might still be there though, the dialer might not list it though. There's also the potential for the outgoing porter to be regenerated.

Oh ya your are defiantly right! I need to take a screen shot of my dimension IDs and anything added must be the new ones being added. :)

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
ok so since ive lately figured the idea of creating custom dimensions for rftools myself im glad to share my experience with others

basicly there are multiple types of dimlets

material: controls the main "most common" block on the dimension i"e if you decide to put a block of diamond material dimlet in your dimension it would replace most if not all blocks in the dimension

liquid: controls the main liquid to exist in the dimension [i personaly think it works best to put your liquid dimlet along with an ocean biome dimlet to get maximum effect]

feature: special terrain effects such as lakes ravines canyons and even liquid and solid orbs flying in the air

biome: determines wich biome your dimension is going to be

sky: determines how the sky is going to look there are options such as ender[the end version of sky] fog or certain colors like gold or black

terrain: wich kind of general world is going to be? you can have it be a flat world a void or grid [grid is cool X D]

mobs: wich mobs are going to be able to spawn in the dimension along with normal mobs

digit: gives you an ability to create a completely diffrent dimension with the same dimlets [say you have a sequence of dimlets that you want to copy but not make an exact copy of your dimension you put in a digit dimlet and it gives you a diffrent seed

weather: can decide if you have a suny day forever in your dimension or a rain forest feeling to it

time: determines the time in wich your dimension if stays on same time or moves super fast/slow

effect: pretty self explanatory. it decides on certain effects such as hunger haste jump and poison

controller: im not too sure about this one but i dont think its very important [dont take me on that]

structure: gives strongholds/dungeons/nether fortresses and such the ability to spawn in your world

special: gives special perks to the dimension such as being able to copy a certain dimension or give you a sheltered spawning platform/efficiency[wich takes 20% less maintainance cost] or peaceful that prevents mobs from spawning in your dimension

ok now to the fun part how to put dimlets in order inside of your dimension enscriber

my first and foremost advice whatever you do in your enscriber with custom dimensions when you put dimlets in order make sure the ok signal to the right of your empty dimension tab is always staying an ok and not going on a "warn" thats the first sign of it not being alright

if you want to put lets say an ore such as certus quartz ore as your main block in the dimension and you want it to be a completely flat terrain so you dont have to start running on mountains and stuff
note the material/liquid dimlets always have to be before the terrain/biome dimlets

you put the dimlets in this order

[note to always keep an eye on the ok/warn sign

[material:certus quartz ore dimlet] ->[terrain:flat dimlet] ->[biome plains dimlet] [im not sure you need a biome dimlet in but just to be sure

or for endless liquid oceans of say yellowrium?[yea im showoff i got a yellowrium endless ocean X D]

[liquid: bigreactorsyellowrium dimlet] ->[terrain: flat dimlet] ->[biome: ocean dimlet]

effect/weather/sky dimlet dont need to put in a certain order to the rest

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
ok so since ive lately figured the idea of creating custom dimensions for rftools myself im glad to share my experience with others

basicly there are multiple types of dimlets

material: controls the main "most common" block on the dimension i"e if you decide to put a block of diamond material dimlet in your dimension it would replace most if not all blocks in the dimension

liquid: controls the main liquid to exist in the dimension [i personaly think it works best to put your liquid dimlet along with an ocean biome dimlet to get maximum effect]

feature: special terrain effects such as lakes ravines canyons and even liquid and solid orbs flying in the air

biome: determines wich biome your dimension is going to be

sky: determines how the sky is going to look there are options such as ender[the end version of sky] fog or certain colors like gold or black

terrain: wich kind of general world is going to be? you can have it be a flat world a void or grid [grid is cool X D]

mobs: wich mobs are going to be able to spawn in the dimension along with normal mobs

digit: gives you an ability to create a completely diffrent dimension with the same dimlets [say you have a sequence of dimlets that you want to copy but not make an exact copy of your dimension you put in a digit dimlet and it gives you a diffrent seed

weather: can decide if you have a suny day forever in your dimension or a rain forest feeling to it

time: determines the time in wich your dimension if stays on same time or moves super fast/slow

effect: pretty self explanatory. it decides on certain effects such as hunger haste jump and poison

controller: im not too sure about this one but i dont think its very important [dont take me on that]

structure: gives strongholds/dungeons/nether fortresses and such the ability to spawn in your world

special: gives special perks to the dimension such as being able to copy a certain dimension or give you a sheltered spawning platform/efficiency[wich takes 20% less maintainance cost] or peaceful that prevents mobs from spawning in your dimension

ok now to the fun part how to put dimlets in order inside of your dimension enscriber

my first and foremost advice whatever you do in your enscriber with custom dimensions when you put dimlets in order make sure the ok signal to the right of your empty dimension tab is always staying an ok and not going on a "warn" thats the first sign of it not being alright

if you want to put lets say an ore such as certus quartz ore as your main block in the dimension and you want it to be a completely flat terrain so you dont have to start running on mountains and stuff
note the material/liquid dimlets always have to be before the terrain/biome dimlets

you put the dimlets in this order

[note to always keep an eye on the ok/warn sign

[material:certus quartz ore dimlet] ->[terrain:flat dimlet] ->[biome plains dimlet] [im not sure you need a biome dimlet in but just to be sure

or for endless liquid oceans of say yellowrium?[yea im showoff i got a yellowrium endless ocean X D]

[liquid: bigreactorsyellowrium dimlet] ->[terrain: flat dimlet] ->[biome: ocean dimlet]

Amazing man! I will share this to anyone who needs to know this and hope everyone appreciates this as well. Great job :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
So far as world generation syntax (similar to Mystcraft's) should read like a sentence. If you want a world full of iron blocks and flat terrain, you drop the Dimlets in as such (iron block, flat world). Similarly, lakes of enderium has those two Dimlets next to each other.

As Padfoote mentioned above, there is a check going on every time you place a Dimlet to see if there are hanging modifiers or conflicting biome controllers, etc. So long as its not warning you of danger, your world should be stable (assuming you can power it, of course).

I generally use the space to group things together, then let the mod compile it as it sees fit. I group world generation, biome controllers, and base block/fluid. I group weather and celestials. I group terrain modifiers, then mobs, and so on. Once you hit the button to make the dimension, it will sort them to find what you need with surprising accuracy. If I have a dimension and like the choices, but want different world gen, I decompile the tab, add a number Dimlet or two, and recompile. @McJty all but made it idiotproof in my eyes.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
So far as world generation syntax (similar to Mystcraft's) should read like a sentence. If you want a world full of iron blocks and flat terrain, you drop the Dimlets in as such (iron block, flat world). Similarly, lakes of enderium has those two Dimlets next to each other.

As Padfoote mentioned above, there is a check going on every time you place a Dimlet to see if there are hanging modifiers or conflicting biome controllers, etc. So long as its not warning you of danger, your world should be stable (assuming you can power it, of course).

I generally use the space to group things together, then let the mod compile it as it sees fit. I group world generation, biome controllers, and base block/fluid. I group weather and celestials. I group terrain modifiers, then mobs, and so on. Once you hit the button to make the dimension, it will sort them to find what you need with surprising accuracy. If I have a dimension and like the choices, but want different world gen, I decompile the tab, add a number Dimlet or two, and recompile. @McJty all but made it idiotproof in my eyes.
I can not wait to try this in a bit! Quartz worlds here I come with a 256x256 quarry plus !! lol

Reactions: mattp_12