Problem Revelation server lag, likely related to garbage collection

Goobdude

Jul 29, 2019
Hello FTB Forum (and Grandrolf my dude),

First, let's get the necessities out of the way:
  • What OS are you running? Windows 10
  • Are you using minecraft hosting provider or a dedicated/local server not designed for minecraft? Using my own computer
  • What version of FTB are you using? (Dont just say latest tell us the version) Revelation 2.7.0
  • Did you add any mods to the server pack? Just LagGoggles and TickProfiler to check some things, but the issue is unchanged from before I added them
  • What are your server specs? Not sure what exactly I need to answer here but happy to provide details below
  • A good detailed paragraph about the problem

I run a relatively small sized server (about 6 people) that has run decently well for a while, but in the past month or so everyone on the server "resets" a few steps back to what they were doing a few seconds prior. It doesn't seem to be related to my computer's specs, as I've dedicated 8gb ram to the server and the task manager usage percentage is relatively low. I tried LagGoggles and removed some trouble blocks in the world causing high t/s, no dice. I tried TickProfiler and went to entities that were possibly being a nuisance, nada. I realize, because of the nature of everyone "resetting", this can likely be related to the way Java collects garbage. I found a few relevant posts that suggested new Java arguments, but so far there seems to be no improvement. Any other suggestions I can look into? Is there something completely unrelated I'm missing? Happy to provide any details you need, please let me know.

Last edited: