Resurrection Powergen - Mid/Lategame?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
What are people doing for this? I don't see any obviously good choices, all I see is taking what I'm already using (like a large steam boiler) and doing more of it. A lot more of it.

I've got a GT Large Steel Boiler powering my LV/MV lines, but need a lot more for HV/EV, it feels.
Have an Advanced Generator with 15 turbines burning BC Fuel to power TE/AE2.
16 magmatics + enderthermic pump power my quarry.

None of these feel like something I'd want late game.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
There is the High Pressure Boiler that run's off Lava. (Tank the steam output to a Bedrock Barrel~)

There is also Fuel Gen's(nitro diesel is nice, but kind of a pain to automate...)

That's about it really, till they fix the Solar Recipes..

and don't even think about the Fusion Reactor =/ (it's kinda lame really..)

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
That's an early-game device!

You could always do a massive solar farm.
Yes but it doesn't run off Coal/Charc/coke which right now till they fix the solar recipes and we can do Advanced Solars is the only option...

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You could always do a massive solar farm.

The only pure solar in the pack produces 1 EU-tick. You'd need lossless cable to do anything with it unless you want to stick each one on top of a battery buffer. Wonder what the lag from 2048 of those would be? :p

I solved my problem by switching to Infi-Tech2 pack for now.

NanoVampire

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft hp boilers are always good no matter which stage of the game u are in if u can get it set up with a mfr tree farm

U can also make a generator farm 20 of them makes 2000 EU/T

Can't forget plasma gens from gtech as well and nuclear reactors or thermal generators

Blu76

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a more, I guess early/mid game, power issue. I have 5 Steam dynamos powered by a high pressure lava boiler and aqueous accumulator, throwing power into a hardened energy cell via wooden and golden kinesis pipes from buildcraft. On the other end of the energy cell I have my machines which are connected to the energy cell with wooden and cobble kinesis pipe to limit RF, but even running two TE pulverizers drains the energy cell faster than the dynamos can fill it. The energy cell is set at 400 RF input and 80 RF output. Each of the steam dynamos says they are producing 80 RF. What is going on here? The machines are only using 80 RF max versus the 400 RF the dynamos should be making and sending to the energy cell, however they seem to be making way less. Unless my math is off I'm getting less RF out of the 5 steam dynamos than I would expect from just 1 of them.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
The only pure solar in the pack produces 1 EU-tick. You'd need lossless cable to do anything with it unless you want to stick each one on top of a battery buffer. Wonder what the lag from 2048 of those would be?
Red alloy wires were added pretty much for this purpose. Just put the panels on top of the wire, like any other panel/plate.
Also be aware that each panel will output 1 amp of 1 eu, so you'll have to be wary with how all the wires consolidate. If i remember correctly, the max i was able to cover in a single solar flower was a 4x7 area.

Blu76

Jul 29, 2019
ok a bit of a update on my previous post, two posts up from this one. When I throw a bit of charcoal into each of the steam dynamos they put out power as I would expect, so apparently giving it steam from the lava boiler does produce power, just a very small amount, even though the tab in the steam dynamo says it is making 80RF/t it really is not. Not sure if that is a bug or what.