Restrict usage of mj/t?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nostras

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment I'm running a setup consisting of 8 Biogas engines on milk and 1 combustion engine on biofuel, these are all connected and hooked up to a sugar cane harvester, Fermenter, Still and Magma Crucible ( for geothermals ). I want the Fermenter and Still to produce on max power but the problem is that the Crucible is taking the mj's, or at least most of it ( approx 10 mj/t of the 13, leaving 3 for the Fermenter, still and harvester ). My question, how can I restrict the mj usage of the crucible? Make it so it only runs on excessive mj's?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Use a Redstone Energy Cell. You can adjust how much MJ/t it can output per face, as well as the input. Depending on how you position it, you can give all of them equal energy, or you can just throttle the energy going to the Crucible.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
If your farm con produce enough output, your fermenter will outperform the still by miles. Either add more stills and use only combustion engines, or use the overflow of biomass in your biogas engine. Put one of your biomass/biofuel burning engines on the still, up to three on the fermenter, up to four on your crucible and one or two with milk on your harvester. By splitting them up this way, you have enough control about the usage of each.
Not exactly the answer to your question (since SilvasRuin answered that), but another thing to consider for optimization.

Nostras

Jul 29, 2019
My canes get stored in the RP buffer and I assume it's not consuming power if it's not working?
I don't directly put engines on the machines, I prefer piping it around.
I'm planning on adding some more stills and combustion engines in the future ( it seems the still can fuel 3 combustion engines? Can someone confirm / refute that for me? ) I'm too lazy to mine '3'
I read somewhere that the fermenter and Still use 5 MJ/t each, i guess 3 engines ( 5 MJ/t each ) are overkill for the fermenter?
http://minecraftbuildcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Quick_Reference

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
A fermenter reaches max speed at around 16 MJ/t (don't remember the exact number). At that speed it can sustain over 4 stills (which are maxed at 5 MJ/t).

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
The Forestry Wiki has out of date information. It's being abandoned for a new one in fact, but it's still incomplete and the information is still being ported from the old one, so it's not much better yet... if even equal.

Nostras

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to take that for granted, I don't want to log out unless I have to since biogas engines will bug out ( fuck you bug ).