Resonant Induction, is it a dead mod? alternatives?

Z

Zimbul

Hello All,
I'm posting because of trying to find a mod to play with to do something I wanted to do in MC. I've played off and on for years, and I remember there being a mod that allowed you to build nuclear fission and fusion reactors. Looking it up, that seems to be Atomic Science. Upon further research it seems that mod was included into Resonant Induction. I see versions of the mod alone available on some websites for MC 1.7.10, but can't seem to find any mod packs that include it. I also find some posts with problems with the mod in like 2013 but nothing more recent.

So, I'm wondering, is this simply a dead mod now that no one ever picked up to update? If so is there anything similar available that is updated? I know about Big Reactors but I've done that one like 3 or 4 times, and frankly it's to easy. One thing I liked about what I saw and read of Atomic Science is it was a little harder and made more sense. Are there any other nice big multiblock reactor style energy production mods?

I want to build a big nuclear power plant, and while I can do that with any power source inside of it, it'd be cool if the power source matched the plant lol.

Thanks!

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Pyure has nothing but good things to say about NuclearCraft.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Wasn't Resonant Induction the mod with the low-tech mechanical power though? Confused.

But yeah, it's dead.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Rotarycraft with Reactorcraft has Fission/Fusion reactors, Mekanism has a Fusion Reactor(and turbines as of v9!), IC2, as profrags mentioned, has Fission Reactors, and if you install Gregtech, you'll get Fusion Reactors.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I'm happy with my Industrialcraft nuclear reactors, but I'm looking for something to replace the Particle Accelerator. Are there any mods that offer something like that?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pyure has nothing but good things to say about NuclearCraft.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
Dunno how I noticed my name in this, I checked the thread randomly.

NuclearCraft is an up-and-coming nuclear mod. Hopefully it keeps growing. Its a slightly-more-realistic variant of Big Reactors.

NuclearCraft currently has
* Fission
* Fusion

It is currently working on a particle accelerator. It does not yet support fluid-cooled reactors (turbines) although those are on the list.,

Z

Zimbul

Thanks for the suggestions everyone,
I had looked at IC2 before but it's "nuclear reactor" is so simplistic aesthetically lol. It just a single block not a cool multiblock structure. Looks like some of nuclearcrafts are multiblock structures, but in the videos I've seen their visuals is meh.

Reactorcraft however... now that looks like an interesting reactor design lol. It has quite a bit going on to make it look flashy :) I think I'm going to give that one a go. Looks really complicated to build but should be fun :)

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
IC2's reactr may not look like much on the outside, but the internal components can be arranged in unlimited different ways to make the rector behave exactly as you want. It's like a minigame to experiment with different designs.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
IC2 reactor is one center block and 6 reactor chambers around it to generate straight EU. Or a 5x5x5 structure around that for a Fluid cooled steam generating reactor.

Reactorcraft is excellent, but be prepared for an awful lot of infrastructure to get going.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I highly recommend ReactorCraft. However, do be sure to take great care with it, once you get to that level, and above all test designs in a creative world first. A "redstone-ready" superflat suffices nicely, and has the added bonus of being all desert, meaning that you'll have (if memory serves) the highest ambient temperatures at sea level (Y=64) of any biome other than hell. This is useful because if your reactor can run safely in a desert, it'll run that much more safely in a cooler biome like a forest. Just remember that it is far, far more preferable for a ReactorCraft reactor (esp. fission) to run too cool than it is for them to run too hot. Its not the collateral damage that gets you: honestly, the meltdowns aren't as spectacularly explosive, discounting ammonia-boiling reactors, the thing that makes it a bear to deal with is the radiation.

It also pairs well with ChromatiCraft, since you can use the world rifts from that mod (mid-to-late game) to not only transmit RotaryCraft shaft power, but also steam from steam lines, across arbitrarily large distances and across dimensions, meaning you could build your reactors in a void world, send the steam back home, and use it to run turbines, keeping your main base safe in the case of a meltdown.

Reactions: fowltief