Resonant Induction - Has anyone been able to add this in?

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I spotted Resonant Induction and loved the concept of it. I wanted to dump it into my edited DW20 modpack for my lets play... however adding it, rather the newest for or any of the older versions just flat out crashes the game. I was able to update all the files that are required for it but Calclavia Core as touching that file alone would also make MC crash horridly.

I'm wondering has anyone been able to add the mod and have it work? Are there any known mod conflicts that may be hindering adding this that I could remove if it's something I rarly/never touch?

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I know a friend of mine added it to his personal edited FTBLite2 along with Mekanism at the same time. I don't know what issues he may have run into however. Might be able to convince him to drop by the thread later or just have me dictate whatever he has to say on it, but he's a pretty busy family man so it's likely to be a wait! *chuckles* Ultimately, he did manage to inject it and make it work, that much I know. That said, the obvious difference here is that it's a much lighter pack with significantly fewer mods to worry about in it as compared to DW20.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Remove MFFS, CalclaviaCore and Universal Electricity and update all of them to their latest versions. May I also recommend Calclavia's other 2 mods (ICBM and Atomic Science) as they work really well with RI.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I removed MFFS a long time ago, as it's just one mod I never bother to touch. It can be fun and I have poked it on SMP, but really never touch it in SSP.

Universal Electricity, Forge Maultiblocks are both updated to their newest version as are most the mods. However if I try that with CalclaviaCore, Minecraft just flat out crashes. Plus if I add in any version of
Resonant Induction it also crashes.

What other mods may be using CalclaviaCore that could be causing this crash if I update it? I'm thinking thats the soul issue thats keeping me from being able to add Resonant Induction.

Fushizen

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there! I'm the friend that Wraithflay mentioned above. I have Resonant Induction installed in my custom mod pack and it did take some configuration to get it working. The problem was that MOST of the molten metal ID's were conflicting with Tinker's Construct, if I recall. Here is a link to my current Resonant Induction config file that I've modified. Replace your existing config file and let us know how it goes!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7l4sl15ebfhavr/Resonant Induction.cfg

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help, although sadly the ID's listed don't really help. The free ID's I have are all in the 1580+ range.

The good news with this is I now have a FULL config thanks to your file. I've been having to fix ID's one at a time, each time restarting MC so the config updates and more configs up to the next conflict loads... been at it for the last hour or so.. doubt I'm even half way there @.x
Now I can at least go 'ALL YOU 12XX ID'S BE 58XX IDS!"

Fushizen

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's a thing! I was hoping to at least get you to that stage. Message me if you have any more trouble that I can help with.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Do not use latest version calclavia core, or use the latest dev version. For the not dev version use 1.1.287 and you're done

Fox Nemhauser

Jul 29, 2019
I have added the Resonant Induction to my modpack during this weekend.

After you solve the trivial ID conflicts (the one that you get ID conflict text file for and get the unused ids range as a hint) the real hard work comes (or may come, depending on how many mods you have).

RI adds mixtures and molten versions for every ingot that it finds, it does so in the POST phase so you won't get the nice message about conflicts, rather a crash log from which you need to take the conflicting ID, change it and run again.. hoping that it's was the last ingot to process :)

I think i had to start the server 15-20 times (all those metallurgy 3 ingots being added one by one add up :p) but after you do it - you're fine.

Just keep in mind that if you plan to add another mod that introduces a new type of ingot - RI might want to add it as well :)

Apart from that there seems to be no other issues (assuming you have all the mods from Calclavia in proper versions) during configuration.

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
Added this to my private pack last week.

All the restarts to find the liquid metals was a pain but got there in the end.

I did use the config from the universal configs but it was out of date I noticed so it actually had a conflict with one of its own blocks :O