(resolved) Need Help Finding Mods for my pack

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
I am working on another modpack that I am doing to let my head cool from the frustration of working on my Fallen Star modpack. It is a pack that is easier to do since it is not biome specific and quest driven.

I am keeping the details of this pack under wraps until I am ready to release it, but basically it is a peaceful wilderness survival modpack with a heavy dose of realism. No Hostile mobs, no villages, just you and the wilderness. So what I am asking for here is some help finding mods for this pack..... or to be more specific, to find mods to accomplish certain things I have in mind that i want in my pack.

1. The first thing I am looking for is a mod that brings campfires or fire pits into minecraft that allows the player to make charcoal without having a furnace.

2. The next thing i am looking for is a mod that enhances animal breeding, as well as mod that makes animal taming more difficult.

3. This modpack is supposed to be low tech pack, but I do want to put in a mod into the pack that allows the player to make mechanical machinery to do some automation to help lighten the work load later on down the road. I have been looking the mod 'Cogs of the Machine' (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...cogs-of-the-machine-v0-1-4pre1-back-in-action). but the mod author clearly says on his page that the mod is still in a state of developement, and that future releases may break compatibility with older versions. Because of this I am very hesitant to use this mod since it may cause problems for anyone who uses the modpack when the mod is updated down the road, so I am looking for alternatives to use in the meantime, but haven't been able to find any.

4. Finally, I am using New Dawn (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-1-7-10-forge-new-dawn-completely-new-terrain) to provide a more realistic terrain generation, but the only issue is that'new dawn' must be selected as the world type in order to get the mod to work. Players using default world type won't get the more realistic terrain generation. Is there a mod that adds more realistic terrain generation to the default world type?

That is all I can think of for now. I am sure that I am missing a few thing that I am looking for that I want to add to this pack. Check back every so often, I may add new mod finding requests to this post.

Last edited:

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
1. Take a look at "The Camping Mod", it adds camfires.

4. Use "LaunchGUI" to notify players when they open the modpack that they need to select that world type before starting the world.

The camping mod is not for my pack, because it requires cobblestone to make the campfire. I want to be able to have them be able to create a campfire or a fire pit without cobblestone. The idea is that when you first come into the world, you can't harvest stone (iguana's tweaks) or coal for that matter, and you need something right away to make torches. So putting a few logs on a fire pit or a campfire, and boom you have charcoal for torches. So yeah, that mod won't work.

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if Reasonable Realism is compatible with Enviromine, which I am using for realism, thanks for the other one though.
Yes Reasonable Realism will work with Enviromine. There is a pack that I play that uses both mods. there is also the mod Better Beginnings that changes the way that vanilla is played. the down side is tat is also requires cobble stone for a fire. if you are looking for a mod that does not require stone when making a campfire I thing your only option will be Terrafirmacraft, or using mine and mod tweaker to change the recipes.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
For #3, Flaxbeard's Steam Power is a slightly higher-tech mod, but the Crucible is pretty much exactly like the CotM Foundry without a GUI, and it's just a really cool mod. It also adds a modular exosuit.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
For #3, Flaxbeard's Steam Power is a slightly higher-tech mod, but the Crucible is pretty much exactly like the CotM Foundry without a GUI, and it's just a really cool mod. It also adds a modular exosuit.

The reason Cogs of the Machine does provide things that the Steam Power mod doesn't, such as servo table (equivalent of an automatic crafting table), the pounder (equivalent of TE's Pulverizer), and the sprinkler, on top of providing a steam energy system. I also don't need the foundry because I am using tinker's construct, which has the smeltery.

Yes Reasonable Realism will work with Enviromine. There is a pack that I play that uses both mods. there is also the mod Better Beginnings that changes the way that vanilla is played. the down side is tat is also requires cobble stone for a fire. if you are looking for a mod that does not require stone when making a campfire I thing your only option will be Terrafirmacraft, or using mine and mod tweaker to change the recipes.

I've look into Reasonable Realism at a later time. In the meantime, I am not going to use Better Beginning or Terrafirmacraft because I don't know if it is compatible with tinker's construct, and if i had to chose one or the other; I'd rather have tinker's construct in the pack.

Thank you all for your replies. I have made my decisions and thus don't need any more help. As of yesterday, I uploaded my pack and submitted it to the feed the beast team for approval. Thank you again. I will definetly be posting more about this pack if it gets approved.