resetting thaumcraft research?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vengpjer

Jul 29, 2019
Vtecem:
For the most times, this is required due to a player looking at the "cheaty" thaumonomicon , or in my case, I imported some player saves and the research just kept there.

Wer2000

Jul 29, 2019
What i found to work is to just go into your saved world and just delete the level.dat It worked fine for me and nothing is destroyed or missing but always backup your save first before trying. It might delete your achievements but its not a big deal. There might be 2 level.dat folders in your saves, just delete them both.

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
On the flip side, you could use this method to move your research from one game to the next I'm assuming. Restarted a server with some friends and would like to move my research from my old, now defunct server over as I don't feel the need to go through researching all over. Once was fun, twice makes me cry.

Reactions: RedBoss

Resender

Jul 29, 2019
okay I'm in the same boat I accidently got the cheat sheet book for thaumcraft,I tried nbt but it keeps reverting when I load the save in minecraft

Scorpion451

Jul 29, 2019
Just figured that one myself-
for resetting Thaumcraft 4 research:
using NBT you have to delete the TCResearch, TCAspects, and TCScanned info in BOTH the (playername) and level dat files or one will restore the other.
delete in (playername).dat: forgedata/playerpersisted/(anything starting with TC)
delete in level.dat: data/player/forgedata/playerpersisted/(anything starting with TC)
This resets everything back to 0, research away!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Just figured that one myself-
for resetting Thaumcraft 4 research:
using NBT you have to delete the TCResearch, TCAspects, and TCScanned info in BOTH the (playername) and level dat files or one will restore the other.
delete in (playername).dat: forgedata/playerpersisted/(anything starting with TC)
delete in level.dat: data/player/forgedata/playerpersisted/(anything starting with TC)
This resets everything back to 0, research away!
image.jpg

Reactions: Fuzzbling

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Funny thing is that it's not even classified as a necropost as the thread is less than a month old. Less than four weeks even.

Sciencesold

Jul 29, 2019
using NBTexplorer you go to: <folder where modpack files are located> -> <modpack> -> saves -> <world name> -> level.dat -> data -> player - > ForgeData -> PlayerPersisted -> delete TCResearch (you can also delete the aspects you have and which items you have scanned)

This will overide your player.dat file and that is why doing the same process through the player.dat file does not work.

Freggle

Jul 29, 2019
Let me give this thread a necessary update for future readers. I'm playing the Tolkiencraft 2 modpack, and had this same issue. However, I couldn't find the Player.dat file, nor any TC data records in the level.dat file. Instead, I found the Thaumcraft research data is now saved in its own file: <FTB install folder>/<modpack>/minecraft/saves/<world name>/playerdata/..
Delete both the <playername>.thaum and the <playername>.thaumback, reload your savegame normally et voila; research has been reset.

Reactions: PrometheusUnbound
P

PrometheusUnbound

Thanks @Freggle really needed that. That'll teach me not to cheat in tyhe future. I Didnt know the "Cheat Sheet" would complete all the research.
ps; sorry all for necroing an old thread.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
This thread is basically 90s Norwegian black metal.

I don't think i've seen anything this necro in a long time.