Resetting server, will AE disks in player inventory keep data?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, did a search but couldn't find anything related.

The Ultimate server I play on is resetting the world to transition to Unleashed, but the owner is going to transfer our player data over so we can keep have whatever is in our inventories when we transition.

I am considering putting most of my stuff on AE storage disks, but I am worried that this might leave me with blank storage disks after the transfer. Does anyone know if player data will carry over all of the AE data on items carried in the player inventory?

Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1375282759][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, let me clarify:

Our server already went from Ultimate 1.5.2 to Unleashed 1.0.3, but we are having a lot of map errors and crashing of clients in certain areas of the world. So we voted and we're going to upgrade to Unleashed 1.1.1 on a new map. So all of the items we have in our current world are "compatible" with Unleashed already.
My concern is whether or not AE stores data anywhere server-side that will be gone when we reset, thus erasing the contents of any storage disks we are carrying.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I think this is what KirinDave did on his RR server when they did a reset, or it might have been one of the backpack mods.
The only thing you have to be aware off is that ID's will most likely not be the same, so you could end up with a lot of missing stuff, or items that have changed into something else.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
It should carry over the disks, seeing as all data about the player's inventory is kept in the player.dat file.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
OK, feeling better about putting hugely expensive things onto storage disks, thanks guys :)