Requesting Information on Non-Vanilla Enchantments

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
P

PapaSpork

Hey everyone! There are some enchantments added by mods that I'm having trouble finding information on. I have listed them below. I'm looking to know their effects and parent mod. I have tried to find a list of non-vanilla enchantments but these weren't listed on the lists I found. Anyone know of a good list of these with their effects and their parent mod for future reference?

• Flaming Spikes (Helm)
  • Fuel Efficiency (Chestplate)
  • Poisonous Barbs (Leggings)
  • Pounce (Leggings)
  • Ascent Boost (Leggings)
  • Retaliatory Kick (Boots)
  • Shockwave (Boots)
  • Wrath (Sword)
  • Capitalist(Sword)
  • Educational (Sword)
  • Binding (Sword)
  • Dispersed Strike (Sword)
  • Final Strike (Sword)
  • Focused Strike (Sword)
  • Valiance (Sword)
  • Reaper (Sword)
  • Holding (Helm, Chestplate, Leggings, Boots, Sword)
There are more, but this is a pretty long list as it is :)

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

PapaSpork

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Right, long as you are handing out likes, I'll give you what I've got.

Firstly, notice that just because some items can get it, does not mean they should.

Flaming spikes is similar to vanilla thorns, but it also sets mobs on fire when they hit you. It also burns through armor durability insanely fast.
Fuel Efficiency is Simply jetpacks, it's meant to only go on jetpacks and jetplates, any other chest armor it's on would be a bug. It makes the jetpacks more fuel efficient.
Pounce is added by one of the thaumcraft add ons, not thaumic tinkerer, but I'm not entirely sure. It adds another attack style damage, you'd need to unlock it in the thauminomicron to get it. It's described there as well.
Infact, you've got quite a few of the thaumic enchants. Wrath (stacks with sharpness, adds MORE damage), Capitalist (adds gold drops), Dispered strike (hitting 2 seperate mobs in a row, instead of the same mob, adds damage), Final Strike (does more damage to a wounded mob) are all thaumic enchants from the same add on that adds the thaumic enchanting table and the sin shards.
Holding should NOT go on helms, or any other armor piece. It DOES go on strongboxes, the storage block from COFH. Each level of holding adds one row of invintory to the chest.
Reaper is part of draconic evolution, it lets you get soul drops from killing mobs.

Forbiden magic is the thaumcraft add on.
Binding though is from Thaumic Exploration. Level 1 causes slowness on hit. Level 2 prevents endermen teleportation.

There's a few other that I think I've seen in the thauminomicron.

Last edited:
Reactions: rhn and PapaSpork
P

PapaSpork

Right, long as you are handing out likes, I'll give you what I've got.

Firstly, notice that just because some items can get it, does not mean they should.

Flaming spikes is similar to vanilla thorns, but it also sets mobs on fire when they hit you. It also burns through armor durability insanely fast.
Fuel Efficiency is Simply jetpacks, it's meant to only go on jetpacks and jetplates, any other chest armor it's on would be a bug. It makes the jetpacks more fuel efficient.
Pounce is added by one of the thaumcraft add ons, not thaumic tinkerer, but I'm not entirely sure. It adds another attack style damage, you'd need to unlock it in the thauminomicron to get it. It's described there as well.
Infact, you've got quite a few of the thaumic enchants. Wrath (stacks with sharpness, adds MORE damage), Capitalist (adds gold drops), Dispered strike (hitting 2 seperate mobs in a row, instead of the same mob, adds damage), Binding (attacking the same foe does more damage on each continual strike), Final Strike (does more damage to a wounded mob) are all thaumic enchants from the same add on that adds the thaumic enchanting table and the sin shards.
Holding should NOT go on helms, or any other armor piece. It DOES go on strongboxes, the storage block from COFH. Each level of holding adds one row of invintory to the chest.
Reaper is part of draconic evolution, it lets you get soul drops from killing mobs.

Thank you so much! That helps a ton

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Treita

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly obsessed with Thaumcraft, so I recognized several from Thaumic Tinkering.
Pounce increases your damage when attacking while airborn (be it flying or you jump to attack)
Ascent Boost either increases your jump height or allows you to step up one block instead of half block (like stairs). I think it's the prior.
Shockwave causes damage to those nearby when you land, I think you have to fall 3+ blocks for the effect.
Focused strike is the opposite of dispersed strike, the first hit on a target is weakened and following strikes on the same target deal increasing damage. Dispersed deals more on the first strike and reduced on repeated strikes against the same target.
If it's also from Thaumcraft, I would think Educational could give you research aspects (the points gained from scanning items and used to complete thaumic research notes), scan the target similar to using a thaumometer, or something else I'm not thinking of.
Retaliatory kick I just got myself (Thus I'm here trying to find a list, same as you), but I would think it acts like Punch on a bow if you're hit. Venomous thorns probably poisons when hit, like flaming spikes sets them on fire.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Educational could give you research aspects (the points gained from scanning items and used to complete thaumic research notes), scan the target similar to using a thaumometer, or something else I'm not thinking of.
Educational actually adds more xp from each kill. I would rather it be your idea though, as I am constantly lacking research points.

Also, ascent boost stacks with boots of the traveler and it gets crazy. You can jump something like 50 to 60 blocks up with the max level.