REQUEST/QUESTION: Any idea when Direwolf20's pack will update to AM2 vs. 1.1.1b?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

enigma_0Z

Jul 29, 2019
The newest version has some big and very useful changes (mainly the fact that you can actually see your affinity)... considering the current version (1.0.2) applies the affinity without ever showing you where you're at, it's a little gimped...

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
Change it yourself? It aint that hard really!
1. Download AM 1.1.1b
2. Drop in /mods
3. Disable the older one (either manual rename or use Launchers "Edit" option)(can delete too if you want)
4. Profit!

I've done it and works fine...

enigma_0Z

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I can do that... but I don't want to get into trouble when the mod pack updates for real... plus I'm playing on a server where the rest of the group may or may not be smart enough to do the same (we want to keep it simple for the group: do this and then run)

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
When the new AM has been tested? When people are back from break? When everyone is damned good and ready?

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I can do that... but I don't want to get into trouble when the mod pack updates for real... plus I'm playing on a server where the rest of the group may or may not be smart enough to do the same (we want to keep it simple for the group: do this and then run)
Then prepare to wait few weeks...

enigma_0Z

Jul 29, 2019
When the new AM has been tested? When people are back from break? When everyone is damned good and ready?

All of these are perfectly valid reasons! And for the record, I'm not really demanding anything be done -- I know all of the FTB folks are volunteers.

FWIW though, AM has gone through two version updates, both just prior to a mod pack update for DW20 (DW20 v. 1.0.8 was released just after AM2 1.1.0, and DW20 v. 1.0.9 was released just after AM2 1.1.1b). Given that, I was just surprised that one of those updates didn't include a newer version of the mod.

That being said, Going from AM 1.0.2 to > 1.1.0 is kind of a big deal -- Mithion released a bit of a huge changelog for the new version, so I can also understand wanting to wait. Like I said, just kind of surprised that it wasn't in a previous update, and somewhat frustrated that I'm being gimped by the mod in it's current state (I've acquired one of these affinities with no way to view or understand at what level or how to get rid of it)..

kasper_tfg

Jul 29, 2019
I think you will find the main reason is that the update contains a new biome, when added to a current world it will cause horrible chunk border walls and lines.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.0 was not good. 1.1.1 is better. It fixed several bugs with 1.1.0. However, it still may not be as bug-free as 1.0.2 .

Perhaps DW20 and others are waiting until 1.1.x has enough field soak before declaring it "good".