Report + Fix of start.bat in Direwolf20 1.18 server version

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Ind0ctr1n3

Jun 13, 2022
Hey all,

I've found a small issue in the start.bat after installing;

The line:

start "FTB Server" [install path]/jre/jdk-17.0.2+8-jre/bin/java.exe -javaagent:log4jfix/Log4jPatcher-1.0.0.jar -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -Xmx6144M -Xms4096M -jar insert_jar_here nogui

is (quite obviously) incorrectly modified, probably during an update.

The appropriate line ofcourse needs to be:

start "FTB Server" [install path]/jre/jdk-17.0.2+8-jre/bin/java.exe -javaagent:log4jfix/Log4jPatcher-1.0.0.jar -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -Xmx6144M -Xms4096M -jar minecraft_server.1.18.2.jar nogui

Once you point to the correct jar it works fine.

Ind0ctr1n3

Jun 13, 2022
Actually, just to be clear, I am having more issues right now which probably has to do with the fact I still have older versions of MC on my computer.

It's probably best not to use minecraft_server.1.18.2.jar at first but forge-1.18.2-40.1.47-installer.jar instead in a case like mine as I'm now updating. Which it apparently doesn't do automatically. After that's done you can replace it with minecraft_server.1.18.2.jar

Result: All grass is powered rails in my game, stuff like that.

And now that I think of it, maybe you're supposed to chance the start.bat yourself now and this isn't a bug? If so, my bad. It used to be different though?