Replacement for tinkers pick ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been using my pick for quite a while now along with some other tools from tinkers
But my game crashes a lot whenever I open up certain machines interface (tesseract especially)
So I'd like a replacement
Best would be an all mining tool like the ic2 drill but as far as I know there's no way to wirelessly charge that thing
I know about the draconic staff of power but that thing mines too fast for me and is a hassle to craft
So which tools are there in infinity 1.7 that u can recommend me ?
Thanks!

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
When I right click a tesseract with my tinkers pick it crashes my game sometimes

take it easy!

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
That's strange and annoying behavior. I've never had that problem.

I think you're a bit stuck because you are suppose to use tinkers in infinity, that's why the vanilla tools are nerfed.

Though I think you can still use the tools from magic mods such as Thaumcraft and botania.

Reactions: trinityamc

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
That's strange and annoying behavior. I've never had that problem.

I think you're a bit stuck because you are suppose to use tinkers in infinity, that's why the vanilla tools are nerfed.

Though I think you can still use the tools from magic mods such as Thaumcraft and botania.
It is indeed
But all of these tools are for 1 material type
I want like an axe shovel and pick in one
Only thing that comes to mind is draconic staff of power unfortunately

take it easy!

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
There is the Primal Crusher from Thaumcraft, but that requires a primordial pearl (and eldritch research), so I don't know how practical that would be.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't even know this existed
I have thaumcraft setup so getting there isn't too far away
Is there a way to change the Aoe on that ?

take it easy!

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Pick and shovel combo can be obtained with the Ender IO Dark Pick, but you still need an Axe. I like the pick and shovel combined as they are both digging tools, then just carry the Tinker's lumber axe for complete tree removal or area of effect on wooden stuff when there are not any leaves present.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Pick and shovel combo can be obtained with the Ender IO Dark Pick, but you still need an Axe. I like the pick and shovel combined as they are both digging tools, then just carry the Tinker's lumber axe for complete tree removal or area of effect on wooden stuff when there are not any leaves present.
Didn't know that either
Thank u sir!

take it easy!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
IC2 solar helmet can keep the drill charged. Technically it charges the backpack which charges the drill, but same thing. The Excavation Focus from Thaumcraft works perfectly well on everything the pick, shovel, and axe do, but slower on ores.

Redstone Arsenal has picks and axes, and shovels that are stupidly powerful. (But probably also stupidly expensive.)

Immersive Engineering has a drill that works like the IC2 one I believe. Needs fuel though, so maybe not the best every day tool.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 solar helmet can keep the drill charged. Technically it charges the backpack which charges the drill, but same thing. The Excavation Focus from Thaumcraft works perfectly well on everything the pick, shovel, and axe do, but slower on ores.

Redstone Arsenal has picks and axes, and shovels that are stupidly powerful. (But probably also stupidly expensive.)

Immersive Engineering has a drill that works like the IC2 one I believe. Needs fuel though, so maybe not the best every day tool.
I'm living in the last millenium unfortunately
Resources are no problem
I'm pretty much past endgame :)

take it easy!