Repeating Ores

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

flamingdratini

Jul 29, 2019
I have multiple mods that add the same things (example, i got atleast 3 different silvers and 2 sapphires) and i want to make it so the server recognizes them all as interchangeable. How would i do so?

flamingdratini

Jul 29, 2019
Its not comming up as such. I dont know if it matters but the multiple ores are from mods manually added. Also this is on a server

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
Its not comming up as such. I dont know if it matters but the multiple ores are from mods manually added. Also this is on a server

Assuming the mods you added use the forge ore dictionary, the ores should be interchangeable in any crafting recipe or machine. Ic2 copper = forestry copper = etc... Unfortunately they still don't stack. If you are macerating, grinding, or otherwise processing your ore before smelting you should get one ingot type in the end. If your mods don't use the ore dictionary then there isn't much that can be done.

This should be fixed in future packs (the FTB team will single up on one mod's ore generation)

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Between 1.4.2 and 1.4.6 (mainly 1.4.5) improvements have been made to the ore dictionary and mod's support for it.

One mod used to convert between equivalent ores is omnitools. This is what will be in future FTB releases (and is in the magic world pack).

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to disable ore generation for some of the mods involved. You might get less resources, but at least you'll have to deal with only one type of material each, and the Ore Dictionary will handle the recipes.

flamingdratini

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. ^^ i actually am porting my world to bukkit now (players want world edit) so thank you for all the help