Repeated server crash: Forestry multifarm

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Title Repeated server crash: Forestry multifarm

Launcher Type MultiMC

Modpack Modified Nuts and Bolts, MC version 1.7.10

Modpack version 3.3

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file https://pastebin.com/5WB0c0Up

Details of the issue Have been working on this world have for over a year now. Today I bred a few Agricraft seeds and planted them on Forestry Multifarms. The newest Multifarm have been running for a few weeks, other for close to a year(7 in total). Have various agricraft, vanilla, mod crops, saplings planted on them. No problems there, until now.

All of a sudden while I was idle the server shut down, giving the linked errors mentioning forestry multifarms. Rebooting it works fine, it runs for 5-30mins without problems but then randomly shuts down with same error.

I have removed all the crops that I placed today, basically undoing everything. I have broken and reformed every multifarm multiblock, including Gearbox that is specially mentioned in the crash report.

The pack has been slightly altered over time. A few mods added, few removed, recipes tweaked, configs changed. But nothing related to forestry multifarms or Agricraft as far as I recall. And none of the changes are recent.

Seached for the issue around the web, only mention I could find is someone else's pastebin with the exact same crash.

Any ideas on what could be causing it? Any way to fix? Have backups to fall back on if nothing else.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Somehow managed to get it to stop after much frustration. The only change I made that I guess could have affected it, was removing some random Pam's crops on cropsticks that were planted next to(not actually on) the Multifarms... A few of them might have been in range of the multifarm if it had been set to the square mode. Dunno if it scans outside the octagon area and that caused some bug...

Posting the header of crash log to allow other people suffering the same problem to find this:
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at forestry.farming.multiblock.InventoryFarm.stowHarvest(InventoryFarm.java:207)
at forestry.farming.multiblock.FarmController.cullCrop(FarmController.java:769)
at forestry.farming.multiblock.FarmController.doWork(FarmController.java:466)
at forestry.farming.tiles.TileFarmGearbox.updateServer(TileFarmGearbox.java:74)
at forestry.farming.multiblock.FarmController.updateServer(FarmController.java:272)
at forestry.core.multiblock.MultiblockControllerBase.updateMultiblockEntity(MultiblockControllerBase.java:423)
at forestry.core.multiblock.MultiblockWorldRegistry.tickStart(MultiblockWorldRegistry.java:82)
at forestry.core.multiblock.MultiblockRegistry.tickStart(MultiblockRegistry.java:29)
at forestry.core.multiblock.MultiblockServerTickHandler.onWorldTick(MultiblockServerTickHandler.java:20)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_1339_MultiblockServerTickHandler_onWorldTick_WorldTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:268)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:620)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)