Repairing Thaumcraft wands

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
So mid way through thaumcraft you get these unique wands like a fire wand. What I'm trying to figure out is how do you repair one of these wands?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
You can enchant it and hope to get Charging. This let's it use the vis in the area to repair itself. Otherwise you have to create more.

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
lots of vis to charge it? Charge it how? Also that sucks that is the only way to repair it. You can even repair the more advance thaum tools with a thaum ingot but you can't repair one of these wands. Yet you can enchant them like any other tool/weapon but it can't be repaired like any other tool/weapon. bah!

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
The charge enchant uses Vis in the aura to repair it. He simply stated that it would use a lot of that Vis to repair it when it has the enchant. Other thaumcraft tools can also get a Repair enchant which uses the Vis in the area to repair them as well. Also they are hardly enchanted like any other tool/weapon since they can only get special wand specific enchants.

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
Frugal + Repair should significantly reduce the Vis hit from Repair, even better with higher levels.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. If a wand has Charging on it and you use a Frugal book on it with the anvil you get a wand with Charging. It just wastes the book. Same way the other way around also.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Frugal is Unbreaking for the wands only. If you have shards to make more wands it would be better to make new wands and have Frugal on them if possible. Charging is quite slow and you might drain all the aura in your base with a charging wand you use. Another enchant you can get on a wand is Potency and it's a damage boost which also saves a bit of its durability by requiring less use for killing mobs.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I am pretty sure we've used an uncrafting table to get Frugal and Charging on one wand of excavation.

Anyone who actually has issues with aura drain around their base needs to start investing research time into solving that problem. There are multiple approaches and they can turn your base into a magical powerhouse. The only trick is keeping that power occupied when you're not about (if you use a chunkloader).

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully we'll see thaumcraft updated in the packs soon. Crystal capacitors were added, and they can store excess vis, and release it when needed.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully we'll see thaumcraft updated in the packs soon. Crystal capacitors were added, and they can store excess vis, and release it when needed.

That sounds amazing! I've installed a lever to slowly smelt spare cobble while I am away from my base. The only problem I've yet to fix is how insanely productive golems farming are... I literally do not know what to do with all this food.

Jul 29, 2019
It gets better. I just remembered they retain their charge after being broken so it can be transported around. Redstone energy cells for vis basically.

Herrozerro

Jul 29, 2019
I am pretty sure we've used an uncrafting table to get Frugal and Charging on one wand of excavation.

Anyone who actually has issues with aura drain around their base needs to start investing research time into solving that problem. There are multiple approaches and they can turn your base into a magical powerhouse. The only trick is keeping that power occupied when you're not about (if you use a chunkloader).

Is this possible? I just got an uncrafting table setup and it doesnt seem to take wands at all

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I guess my diamond sword is now a collector's item? Of course the joke is on me, after I spent a good deal of time figuring out how to make that sword it ended up gathering dust in a chest since I'm pretty much exclusively Wand of Lightning now.

jt0r6d5.jpg

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Not only is that a collector's item, for a while the very existance of it could have crashed a server, had you picked it up (and it landed in your bar) (and it needed any repair)

Reactions: RedBoss