Renewable saltpeter?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
That's in an ftb pack with universal config which uses COFHCore to spawn in most mod ores. If you delete and regenerate that config to its actual defaults it's quite different.
yes but its not in the COFH Core json files so default in the pack its disabled

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
unsure if its on in latest versions but in 1.3.4 its disabled in the railcraft config

Thx for info, didn't realize it was off by default. A curious decision, whoever made that one. I play on someone else's server so it's all out of my control, and I highly doubt most people would realize it's turned off by default and go turn it on. Once you've generated world blocks on a server, it's too late (for those chunks anyway).

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
FYI: Railcraft saltpeter does indeed spawn one block underneath the surface-level sand. The easiest way to find it is to find a hill in a desert that's steep enough that you can see the second layer of sand on the slopes.

Also, I know I've seen a bedrock-textured "Saltpeter Spawner" block from Railcraft in NEI; if you're desperate for a more interesting solution to your saltpeter woes than pulverizing sandstone or purifying gravel, you could find a desert with a hill, spawn one of those blocks in, and plant it at bedrock level underneath. It *should* turn some of the sand into saltpeter ore, and if the hill is steep enough, you'll see it.