Renewable bigreactors fuel - infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
The math does indeed work out to be two full uses from each single ingot of yellorium just as Skyqula posted. Any power of two makes a convenient basis:

cycle #1 = 64 yellorium ingots --> 64 cyanite ingots --> 32 blutonium ingots
cycle #2 = 32 blutonium ingots --> 32 cyanite ingots --> 16 blutonium ingots
cycle #3 = 16 blutonium ingots --> 16 cyanite ingots --> 8 blutonium ingots
cycle #4 = 8 blutonium ingots --> 8 cyanite ingots --> 4 blutonium ingots
cycle #5 = 4 blutonium ingots --> 4 cyanite ingots --> 2 blutonium ingots
cycle #6 = 2 blutonium ingots --> 2 cyanite ingots --> 1 blutonium ingot
cycle #7 = 1 blutonium ingot --> 1 cyanite ingot

So from our original 64 yellorium ingots and reprocessing we got an additional 63 blutonium. If our basis had been 128 then there would be an 8th cycle making the total 127 blutonium = (128+127)/128 = 1.992. An intial basis of 256 stops at (256+255)/256 = 1.996. The pattern is 2^n yellorium produces 2^n-1 blutonium during n+1 fuel cycles. Taking a massive basis of 2^16 (65,536) yellorium gives 65,535 blutonium = (65,536+65,535)/65,536 = 1.99998. So sure if you want to be picky about it you never get to two since this asympotically approaches two but I call it two uses per yellorium ingot.

BTW, if you are really worried about fuel efficiency keep your reactors 1 fuel rod high and use solid squares of them.

Initial Reactor = 100kRF/mB = 100,000,000 RF/yellorium ingot
Upgrade #1 = 110kRF/mB = 110,000,000 RF/yellorium ingot
Actively Cooled = 2000mB steam at a fuel burn rate of 0.04 mB/t; paired with the best enderium turbine = 662,500,000 RF/ yellorium ingot

1.325 billion RF from one yellorium ingot using reprocessing is pretty insane for sure. So each yellorium ore represents 2.65 billion RF and that is without considering the bonus cyanite dust for processing your yellorium ore in a SAG mill with dark steel grinding balls which is the most efficient way to process it.

Reactions: Skyqula

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
though this does not work for the Big Reactor itself, it does however work for the Turbines.
the turbines accept most kinds of steam produced by other mods, and by using this you do not actually need a big reactor to create steam.

if you've a full sized turbine build with 37 enderium blocks, craft yourself a lava fabricator from MFR. the lava fabricator creates lava by consuming power.
output the lava into a fluid transposer that'll transfer the lava into buckets. these buckets can then be ejected into 5 steam boilers from MFR.
these steam boilers will produce steam by consuming power, where the power is the lava buckets. but to produce actual steam they also need water, which can easily be supplied by an aqeuous accumulator.

lastly send the steam to the turbines and you're done. just wait for the turbine to reach max speed and by only consuming a bit of the power you'll easily get a good 24k RF for free.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Does the MFR steam boilers produce that much steam?

I mean, I ran three 36 HP Steam boilers that are fed with charcoal to generate 2140 mb/t of steam, which is slightly over the maximum cap for a reactor turbine (2000 mb/t of steam).

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
One steam boiler with the right turbine layout can produce around 8k RF/t (at least it was like that in 1.6.4), compared to the normal 1440 RF/t.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If you want an "AMAZING" was to use Big Reactors MASSIVE power output infinitely for "free" here's what I suggest:
big tree farm
5+ maxed out Railcraft solid fueled firebox boilers (with a steam furnace, to covert all wood into charcoal, each)
-- (this could probably be done differently, but I don't know RC that well) --
1 steam turbine from big reactors (you will need to experiment with size and coils to get max efficiency)

Then you use the RC boilers to create steam, and pipe that into the steam turbine, meaning you are powering your whole base off of a tree farm (or whatever you choose to do)
5+ maxed out will create you enough steam to do almost anything, but just make sure that you aren't using more than you produce

Reactions: Fuzzbling

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Does the MFR steam boilers produce that much steam?

I mean, I ran three 36 HP Steam boilers that are fed with charcoal to generate 2140 mb/t of steam, which is slightly over the maximum cap for a reactor turbine (2000 mb/t of steam).

yup, in my Direwolf20 and Infinity test world 5 steam turbines are enough to keep one Big Reactor's Turbine going at max speed

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
yup, in my Direwolf20 and Infinity test world 5 steam turbines are enough to keep one Big Reactor's Turbine going at max speed
Very nice. What about the fuel consumption rate when compared to three RailCraft's 36 HP Steam Boilers?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice. What about the fuel consumption rate when compared to three RailCraft's 36 HP Steam Boilers?

well, I tried doing a railcraft turbine aswell, but one max sized steel boiler wasn't even enough to properly run a turbine, so considering the resources it'd take me with putting together the MFR setup or the Railcraft setup I didn't even took the effort of creating more then 1 railcraft boiler

Reactions: PierceSG

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming ReC steam works in turbines, and you have a ridiculous amount of resources, You could run a large array of turbines with a fusion reactor :D

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming ReC steam works in turbines, and you have a ridiculous amount of resources, You could run a large array of turbines with a fusion reactor :D

Last I knew, ReC steam was intentionally not oreDict.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, ReC's steam isn't compatible with other mods' steam. The only one that is compatible is found in RoC and that requires you to have RailCraft installed no less.