Remove taint in Thaumcraft

N

Nurazvita

Hi there,

so me and my brother havind an issue with the Thaumcraft mod, wich we are not very familiar with already. I have read this on a ftb-wiki page: Ethereal Blooms can be created in a crucible from the Shimmerleaf plants found growing under wild Silverwood Trees.
Now, we build a crucible just as said on the website. Also I do have Shimmerleaf and I know where to find more. We already saw purple tainted land and it's spreading.

No, how do I create these ethereal blooms? I found one recepe: Ethereal Blooms - 16 Herba, 16 Praecantio, 16 Sano, 8 Vitium.
But where did the "Ethereal Blooms can be created in a crucible from the shimmerleaf" part go? And we can't find these four things in our list, how do we get it?

Also we read about a silverwood tree can purify the area, but I cannot figure out how to plant it in a tainted area. I mean, I plant one close to our home base and it is growing, but when I plant a sapling in the tainted area it is not.

We really can use some help here.

Nurazvita

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
To create items with the crucible you first have to research the item with the Thaumonomicon. When you have researched it you need to throw items that contain those aspects in to the caculdron and as a last ingredient the shimmerleaf.

How close to your base the taint is? If you have not started Thaumcraft it will take a while to get to Ethereal Blooms.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
When I first saw it, I thought taint was a big deal...but with time I learned that its pretty much a non issue so my advice is not to worry about it. But for the record, its the pure nodes that sometimes spawn inside silverwood trees that purify tainted land, not the trees themselves.

N

Nurazvita

We do have a Thaumonomicon but I have no idea how to research anything with it.
Our base is about 200 metres from the tainted arrea. Would I be able to find Ethereal Blooms anywhere?

What are those pure nodes? I found ehteric essential in the trees, is that it?

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
If you have never played with Thaumcraft I'd recommend taking a look at for example Direwolf20's mod spotlight.
Ethereal Blooms don't spawn so you can't find them. 200 blocks is 12,5 chunks and on a server a radius of 10 chunks is loaded.
Taint does not spread that fast and since it's quite far I wouldn't worry too much.

Pure nodes have the ability to purify taint, the essence you got comes from breaking nodes, it does not have to be a pure node.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with the above poster, Thaumcraft is a very complex and involved Mod. I would suggest either watch Direwolf20 or Haighyorkie, both of these guys have done very involved Mod Spotlights for Thaumcraft.

T

TheVenomMoose

Be sure to destroy the Tainted Node after you stop the spreading. Only when it's destroyed can you start reversing the damage, if you want to of course.

N

Nurazvita

We know Thaumcraft is complex, that's why it's so hard to deal with this now.
Is still have no clue about the Node or how to investigate things / use the book...
But I'll look Direwolf20 and haighyorkie up on YouTube.