[Reika's] [DragonAPI] Close update checker on OS X?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

wugmump

Jul 29, 2019
Please let me preface this post by saying that I admire Reika's mods greatly and truly appreciate the work he does for the community.

But... I am looking around for a specific kind of kitchen-sink pack for my kids and myself, and the pack I've found is several Reika versions old. We play on Macintoshes. On OS X, it is impossible to press the Control key to use the cursor to close the update nag.

I have tried to disable the older versions and use modern ones, but the client crashes at the very start of launch, and I would prefer not to go about testing such a massive pack to diagnose the interfering mod.

What is the method of closing this dialog on Macintoshes?

Thank you again for all of your work.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Try the Command key. Works on my Macbook, at least.

General protip when using programs on OSX that weren't compiled specifically for OSX: If the Control, Option, or Command keys don't do what you expect them to do, try the other ones. They're often mixed around.

wugmump

Jul 29, 2019
Command on both sides doesn't work. Tried option, control, command, shift, function..... combinations thereof, still not working. :( Thank you for trying, though.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I don't know what to say, then.

On my machine, holding Command will make the cursor appear and behave normally when I use the trackpad, but not prevent the viewpoint from rotating as if I wasn't holding Command. So, when I move the cursor to the top left corner of the screen to close the dialog box, my character simultaneously looks up and left. It's a bit disorienting, but it does work.