Regulating Items in 1.5.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kentben

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

What is the best way to regulate items in an inventory in 1.5.2? I am using the MFR planter to plant a variety of plants, but for arguments sake lets say Oak Sapplings and Birch Sapplings. I am a heavy AE user but cannot work out a way of keeping a certain number of items in the planter, if i use an export bus I assume that at some point the planter will and up getting jammed with all of one type of sappling and then there would be no room for the other and the system would get jammed.

I can put an me interface near by and keep it stocked with 64 of each type but i need a way of getting them into the planter, in a way that ensuers that there are no more then, say, 64 of each time at a time. I would idealy be using about 5/6 crops in total and am open to using any mod or method in the 1.5.2 pack (non greg tech), except thaumcraft as i haven't started any research yet and idealy i wouldn't want to set up a system that would be more complicated/expensive then just using multiple smaller planters (which i may end up doing).

Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

KentBen

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
One trick is if you fill half of the planter with oak and the other half with birch saplings and then tell your export bus to keep it stocked with both, since it can only put the new saplings into the existing stacks, it can't possibly fill it up with ony one kind as long as you have enough of both kinds of saplings coming into the system.

I think using separate 3x3 planters/harvesters for each kind of tree works out well, it's not like MFR is expensive or hard to set up. It's quickly becoming one of the mods I like the best.

kentben

Jul 29, 2019
One trick is if you fill half of the planter with oak and the other half with birch saplings and then tell your export bus to keep it stocked with both, since it can only put the new saplings into the existing stacks, it can't possibly fill it up with ony one kind as long as you have enough of both kinds of saplings coming into the system.

I think using separate 3x3 planters/harvesters for each kind of tree works out well, it's not like MFR is expensive or hard to set up. It's quickly becoming one of the mods I like the best.

Thanks for the reply

I had considered that but if i have the planter planing 5 crops and for some reason i run out of any one of them in my system then the Export bus will fill the gap with another crop and it will need manually fixing, i will probably end up going down the route of multiple farms, but this sort of scenario will, i'm sure, come up again so i wanted to see if i was missing anything obvious.
Hopefully Chicken Bones' regulartors gets added soon

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
You can utilize multiple networks. I also heard that the Fz(?) regulator works wonders as well. You can choose how many of each item goes into a 3x3 square. You may also configure the positions, or so I have read about them.

Check it out, I intend to as well, since I have to automated my rolling machine for iridium plate purposes. (No other uses, what a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking pain).