Regrowth lag

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jnelso99

Feb 24, 2013
I would be interested in the two command lines so I can pick apart what parameter might have caused the performance increase.

Just got around to actually taking a look at my settings. Boy, was I wrong in saying I "just" moved it over to MultiMC...

FTB Launcher settings:

Java 1.8.0_20 64-bit
Additional java parameters: -Xms2048m -XX: PermSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc
Adding Optimization Arguments: -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation

MultiMC settings:

Java 1.7.0_55 64-bit
Java Arguments:
[-Dforge.forceNoStencil=true, -XX:+UseLargePages, -XX:+AggressiveOpts, -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods, -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat, -XX:+UseBiasedLocking, -Xincgc, -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10, -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000, -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled, -XX: ParallelGCThreads=10, -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true, -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump, -Xms1024m, -Xmx3092m, -XX: PermSize=256m, -Duser.language=en, -jar, C:/Games/MultiMC/jars/NewLaunch.jar]

I thought I had gotten one of these from the Resonant Rise Google+ page, since it has the most concise list of tried-and-true settings that I could find, but I guess I didn't. Where the heck did I get these?

Edit - damn smilies...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Good grief.
The things that stand out for me are:
1. You should have gotten better performance using Java 8 than Java 7, so I strongly suspect that a lot of those parameters were screwing you over.
2. you don't specify Xmx for the FTB Launcher settings - this is more important than Xms as it specifies the actual memory allocation, not the initial allocation.
3. The -XX PermSize is not a valid setting for Java 1.8. In fact, ALL the -XX settings are java version specific, so your FTB launcher command is probably not doing much.
4. Parameters to forge need to go *after* the -jar on the java command line. So, -Dforge.fornceNoStencil and -Duser.language are very probably not doing anything.

I'd try a command line, using Java 8, with nothing more than:

Code:
-Xmx3G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

Jnelso99

Feb 24, 2013
I just copied those from the log output from each launcher, because I thought I read that the FTB launcher added extra parameters behind-the-scenes, and I wanted to make sure I got everything.

Your suggestions should be more for the OP, as I've actually moved on from Regrowth and am playing a different modpack.