Regarding Mining well pipes...

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so Direwolf has come up with some computercraft system to get rid of the miningwell pipes so far as i know.

But I wonder, isnt there any config file or anything that tells the mining pipes to dissapear afterwards when the miningwell has moved forward?!

Its really annoying seeing those orange things here and there

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
You have a few solutions:
- Break the mining well
- Shutdown the server and delete all the mining pipes

The code to remove the orange pipes is there, and it's called when the mining well is broken. Unless Forge specifies an standard for moving TEs (I don't think they will), and I doubt BC will deal with this (since their code is actually there), the only other solution is to create a wrapper proxy to handle special TEs while being moved, so only the author of MFFS could solve this IMO.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
There is a simpler solution. Just move the mining wells and energy conduits down 1 block. Dire's problem is coming from the fact that it is the movement of the frame/platform that is breaking the tops of the pipes instead of the movement of the mining wells. One of the guys on my server just sent one up and he didn't have any issues with left behind pipes once he moved the wells down 1 block.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Simple solution (for BC itself), small bit of code on the pipes that runs every 30 seconds or so, which basically says. Is the block above me a mining well or a pipe? No, then destroy me, otherwise, carry on as normal.
That'll solve it with a less FPS hit on those mining machines compared to having all those pipes around. Can also remove the code from the mining well as a bonus. The pipes sort themselves out, not relying on a trigger from the mining well.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Simple solution (for BC itself), small bit of code on the pipes that runs every 30 seconds or so, which basically says. Is the block above me a mining well or a pipe? No, then destroy me, otherwise, carry on as normal.
That'll solve it with a less FPS hit on those mining machines compared to having all those pipes around. Can also remove the code from the mining well as a bonus. The pipes sort themselves out, not relying on a trigger from the mining well.
Thats a horrible solution.
That requires them to be a TE which ticks...

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019

Nope, that's by far the worst solution. Besides the one presented by @Henry Link , the only other solution would be the MFFS proxy/special handler for Mining Wells. Depending on how it works on MFFS (I even presume it has already that support already) it should be trivial to check if BC is enabled and check for the Mining Wells, and if it's one, then go from that Y to 0 removing all the pipes.