Refined Storage and Tinkers! (QUESTION)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

Mr. Anarchy

So a question about RS as Im a complete scrub to it and modded mine craft in general. Im using a Tinkers smelter and have a few questions about its interaction with RS. Im wanting to automate all smelting (for the times x3 ingots) and mixing of tinkers alloys through the automated RS crafting system. Now base metals (tin, iron, copper etc etc) all smelting no worries. My concern is the crafter from RS really doesnt have enough inventory slots for ALL the recipes of tinkers. I cant just have a wall of crafters because the crafter needs to be facing the controller to be able to interact with it. Is there an upgrade im missing or something here? I know i could just attach another crafter to the front of Controller but i dont really want to make this bulky! Cheers in advance guys!

Tinkers.png
Tinker 2.png

N

NerpyDerpston

Does your crafter HAVE to be there? Can it be put somewhere else? I'm a nub as well, (I opt for AE2 instead) but in Direwolf20's crafting machines with RS he just had his crafters in a convenient location connected by pipes.

M

Mr. Anarchy

Does your crafter HAVE to be there? Can it be put somewhere else? I'm a nub as well, (I opt for AE2 instead) but in Direwolf20's crafting machines with RS he just had his crafters in a convenient location connected by pipes.
I was under the impression that the interface of crafter had to be hard up against machine you want to intract with. TBH ill check that out by adding pipes to the crafter interface instead. Will let you know.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Mr. Anarchy, you are correct. The face of the RS crafter has to be against the Controller to interact with it.
What you can do is move you crafter to a corner of the face it is on. This will give you 2 sides to put a crafter against.
The other solution would be to have 2 smelterys one for ore doubling one for mixing.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yes and no. The crafter can interact with things that are not the controller, such as a chest or hopper. I'd say bury a chest in the ground with a couple of Crafters, and use an item conduit to pipe things into the controller. Don't forget though, you can store and manipulate fluids with RS, so you could melt things in multiple smelteries and then store the results as fluids in your RS system. Then you simply eject the correct fluids. I don't think you need fuel to make alloys, as long as the fluids are already molten.

M

Mr. Anarchy

Thanks heaps fort he respones guys! the two smeltery option is looking good. one for alloys and one for non alloy. I do also like the idea of storing fluids. Ill create a test world and see which one seems cooler/better haha thanks guys :)

Reactions: KingTriaxx