Refined Storage and Mekanism Autocrafting

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Chronoclaw

May 25, 2020
I am having trouble with Refined Storage autocrafting a couple of Mekanism recipes for machines.

Mod Pack: MC Eternal 1.12.2

In this first screenshot, I am trying to autocraft a Digital Miner from Mekanism. I have created the
patterns for all sub-items including the 2 "missing" ones. I have even tried crafting the missing
ones and putting them into my RS storage system and its still a no-go.

So, basically, anything and everything associated with autocrafting this has a pattern and is in its
respective machine for crafting. I have tested each item individually and it autocrafts just fine.

Only when I try to craft the "final product" (Digital Miner) - I get "missing Items".
Digital Miner Mekanism.PNG

In this second image, I am trying to autocraft a Ultimate Gas Tank. Same issue with the "missing"
item and I cannot for the life of me figure out why the system is not crafting or pulling from the RS
system to craft this...

Ultimate Gas Tank Mekanism.PNG

After much digging through the internet, I couldn't find a solution. The only thing I could find that was slightly related said to put a
crafting upgrade into my interface/exporter but that didn't solve the problem either.

Any help or input will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Scav

May 24, 2020
Not sure if this is the issue but if you have crafters on two separate machines but they both end up having the same name in the crafting manager, one crafter's recipes will not be recognized. The refined storage mod crafting manager only recognizes a machine name once so if you have two of the same machines on the network it will only accept one of them. This might be your problem. The solution is to put multiple crafters on one machine that can actually do the request of the pattern. So put the machine down, attach a crafter looking at the machine, then add another crafter facing the crafter attached to the machine.

Chronoclaw

May 25, 2020
@Scav Yea, I'm not sure if that is the issue or not. I have 4 Enriching Factories from Mekanism set up and each has their own crafter. This is due to them having separate secondary fuel sources.

A little breakdown in tiers for the gas tanks:

Tier 1: Basic Gas Tank - Base Recipe
Tier 2: Advanced Gas Tank - Requires 2 Basic Tanks
Tier 3: Elite Gas Tank - Requires 2 Advanced Tanks
Tier 4: Ultimate Gas Tank - Requires 2 Elite Tanks

I can request a Basic Gas Tank - no problems.
I can request an Advanced Gas Tank - No problems.
I try to request an Elite Gas Tank - Says the Advanced Gas Tanks are "missing"
I try to request an Ultimate Gas Tank - Says the Elite Gas Tanks are "missing"

So, there is a breakdown somewhere in there or its a bug... i'm not sure which.

Edit: Even though I do have 4 of the same machines - when I request recipes from them, there is no issue, it seems to work without fail.

Muddie

Jan 4, 2022
not sure if this is still relevant, but: it's kind of a mekanism issue, the tiers of everything (tanks, energy cubes, etc.) are stored in nbt, and rs/ae2 can't really work well with them, even if you enable oredict crafting for a pattern. iirc, it's been more or less reworked in 1.16.x versions of mekanism, so the autocrafting works there
upd: this is actually kind of a solution: https://github.com/refinedmods/refinedstorage/issues/1990

Last edited: