Problem Refined storage and IC2 problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
Basically every recipe in IC2 requires wires/plates. This obviously requires the forge hammer and cutters. I've automated that, and it does work, in a sense, however, because it sees the forge hammer and cutters as part of the recipe, it calculates usage as though you need to craft a new tool for EVERY operation. So for example, I want to create 21 copper cables, which should only cost 11 copper. However, because the refined storage crafting system doesn't recognize tools properly, it thinks this will require 70 sticks, 190 iron ingots, 35 of a weird textureless iron ingot, and then the 11 copper. This is because it's planning on making a forge hammer and cutter for every piece of cable.
Is there a work around for this? Because these recipes are going to use the tools constantly.

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I just told it to do it anyways, and it actually wasted all the iron. It didn't even make it into hammers and cutters, it literally skipped all the steps and just absorbed the materials. That is sooooo stupidly wasteful. Did they really program it that way? That's so lazy, and has so many obvious flaws. Literally anything with durability or metadata could be totally lost.

Right now, I just crafted a regular tin plate, and it used an entire hammer, full durability, for that one plate. This is quite frustrating. How does this mod have a good reputation if it handles metadata so lazily?

Last edited: